7: Stolen Kisses

"Welcome to Starbucks! How may I help you?"I asked the elderly couple in front of me.

"Just two hot chocolates please, dear,"the old lady smiled at me, her husbands arm wrapped around her shoulders protectively.

"That'll be $5.38, miss,"I said before relaying the order to Henry, who was working the shift with me.

He just gave a stiff nod and turned to the machine behind him. Yep, being around him was just as awkward as I thought it was going to be. I huffed and gave the lady a warm smile before telling her that she could find a seat and we would bring the drinks to them. Then I moved onto the next costumer.

This went on until Henry's shift finally ended and was replaced by another worker. I thought that I was going to tear my hair out by the end, but with only an hour left of this torture, a face that I wasn't expecting to see walked through the door. I breathed a sigh of relief and gave Roy a bright smile.

"Welcome to Starbucks! How may I help you?"I asked him, trying to get the cheerfulness at bay.

 He gave me a frown and reached across the counter to hold my hand in is. I gasped and tried to yank my hand free, but he refused to let go. Customers were begininning to look at us, some with smiles but others looking disturbed and irritated.

"Roy!"I whisper yelled, once again trying to wrench free.

"I was so worried!"he said loudly in a serious voice.

I gave him a weird look,"What the hell are you talking about? I swear to god Roy, if I get fired I will cut off your balls and feed them to the fish."

He just ignored me and continued on,"I mean, I looked at our tree! You weren't there! I thought we had something special! I thought that we agreed to be exclusive and meet under that tree today! In stead I find you here. Do our promises mean nothing to you?"

I gave him an exasperated look and finally got my hand free,"You are crazy. Absolutely insane! Get out of here before I lose my job because you decided to go bat shit crazy and put me in your war path."

I watched as his crazy, serious expression slowly faded and was replaced by a giant smile. Then he burst out laughing. The bastard had the audacity to start laughing after putting me on the spot and embarrassing the hell out of me.

I gave him a glare and shoved him away from the counter, my face surely tomato red. Once again I was stuck sitting idly by while he had his fair share of amusement. Finally, once the laughter had stopped and the baffled people turned back to their own business, Roy turned to see me glaring at him and his amusement faded.

"Get out of here, Roy. I'm sick of being embarrassed at the sake of your amusement,"I hissed, any shyness melted away by my overwhelming anger.

He shook his head and managed a grin,"I was just joking around, princess. I didn't mean to upset you. I-"

"Get out Roy!"I said, turning to a customer who was standing calmly beside him.

"I'm so sorry about that. How may I help you?"I told the middle-aged woman.

She just gave a gentle smile and waved her hand,"You two are so cute together! Ahh, how I wish I was young and in love again."

I just gaped at her, not sure I understood,"Are y-you implying that we're...together?"

"Oh, yes dear. No need to play dumb with me. It's obvious that you two are taken with each other. I can see it in your eyes,"the lady waged her finger.

"Okay?"Roy said, obviously as dumbstruck as me.

"Get out Roy,"I said, closing my eyes and massaging my temples.