13: Stolen Kisses

Fate. It's such a funny word. You think that you know exactly where it will take you, but somehow it seems to take you by suprise. Like a plot twist. I also find it strange that the word fate sounds a lot like fatal. Strange, but somehow fitting. We all die in the end, anyway. The only difference is that our fate determines what happens between our first breath and however it decides to kill us off.

 I looked at Roy, not in shock or suprise, but in annoyance and wonder. Why was he here? How was he here? He always seemed to show up exactly where I was, just when I seemed to forget him. It's like, despite everything he said about letting me go, he was holding on tight and making sure to be a constant in my life.

"What the hell are you doing here Roy?"I asked, angry that he had ruined my visit with Troy.

He gave me a small, sad smile,"I could ask you the same thing, princess."

"Princess? Who is this guy, Dani?"Troy demanded from his seat, looking up at me with curiousity.

I looked down at him with a smirk,"Honestly? A big pain in the ass."

"Hey. I'm standing right here, ya know?"Roy complained, not moving an inch from where he stood only a few feet away from me.

He had probably heard me singing, otherwise he never would have come over here since all of the other patients where occupying the otherside of the room.

"Troy, I promise to be back in a minute,"I said, to my friend, who looked like he was about ready to jump out of his seat, even in his weakened state.

He just nodded and I bregrudgingly walked over to the guy with the blue eyes. Handsome as ever in a dark pair of jeans and a Hollister hoodie, I wanted to strangle him and hug him at the same time. Gosh, why wouldn't my emotions get under control so I could just decide?

Once we were out of anyone's ear shot, he looked down at me with an emotion that was almost pity, but wasn't at the same time,"I thought that you were taking that Brandon kid to meet your family. Who is that guy?"

"Brandon is with my family now. I just had to make a quick trip here while I was in town. He's just an old friend, what's it to you?"I rambled, letting my eyes wander back to Troy who was once again staring out the large window.

 He sighed, clearly distraught,"I was just wondering. I'm still confused as to why we continue to cross paths, again and again."

In my mind, I couldn't help but to agree with him, but on the outside, all I did was shake my head,"I don't see why it matters. We should just stop doing it."

I began to walk away, trying desperately to keep myself from looking back into those deep blue orbs that I knew would be watching me, when the oh-so-familiar grip caught my elbow and spun me around, like it had done countless times before.

And in stead of being greeted with some kind of arguement, like expected, my lips clashed onto Roy's. Tingling sensations shot up my arm as his hand carressed it, letting go of my elbow. I melted into him, into the kiss. It was just like I had remembered it and more. And I didn't want to move away. I wanted to stay in this moment forever. Because here there was no wondering. I knew exactly who I was and what I wanted in life. But over and over I felt this nagging feeling in the back of my mind, the kind of feeling that you shouldn't have to feel in a blissful moment like this.

So I took further notice in it. And then it hit me. Brandon!

I had a freaking boyfriend and here I was in the middle of a hospital smacking lips with this guy that I was supposed to be angry at for some reason that I couldn't even remember at that moment.