10: Stolen Kisses

I awoke at eleven the next day, luckily I had slept through the worst of my hangover. I was just glad that I hadn't gotten too wasted.

I cursed under my breath when I heard the shower running and realized that I had made plans today. Plans that involved Roy. Groaning, I managed to swing myself over and off the bed, grabbing my phone as I went. While I was sitting at the breakfast nook eating a banana, I sent a quick text to say that we were going to meet up at the local theatre in two hours. I had acquired Roy's number just the other night and it was the first time that I had ever used it.

I got multiple texts back within minutes, boosting my mood a bit that I was about to be hanging out with my friends. Even Brandon text back and I felt a jolt of happiness at seeing his name light up my screen.

As I was throwing my banana peel away, Jess stepped out of our small bathroom, still only dressed in a towel.

"What's the plan?"she asked, grabbing some clothes out of the closet and sending me a questioning look.

"I just text them and told them that we're meeting at the theatre at one. Sound good?"I said, tossing my phone onto my bed and heading into the bathroom to take my shower.

"Uh huh,"she mumbled, already getting dressed.

I just grabbed my towel and took a quick shower, pulling my wet hair into a side braid afterwards. Jess was meticulously applying her makeup in front of the mirror as I dug through my closet, searching for something appropriate for the occasion. I finally picked out my red jeans and a black Matchbox Twenty band tee. I paired that with my black leather jacket and combat boots, keeping in mind that it was probably still pretty chilly outside.

I smirked when I noticed that Jess was wearing an outfit very similar to mine, with white jeans, her favorite long-sleeved navy Sex Pistols tee, and brown combat boots.

"Are you trying to be exactly like me?"I asked her, causing her to spin away from the computer.

She gawked at my outfit before looking up at me with a smug expression,"Are you trying to be just like me?"

I fake shivered in disgust,"Ugh. Never."

We both laughed. The clock on the desk told me that we had an hour until we had about forty-five minutes until we had to be there, but we all know how long it takes to get there. So I quickly tossed on a white infinity scarf and some eye makeup before dashing out the door after Jess.

We ended up taking my car, since we had used her car the day before to get back from the party. We seemed to alternate like that a lot. The ride passed by in a blur of rock songs and crazy radio ads that Jess and I were constantly cracking up about.

When we pulled into the parking lot and walked towards the fountain that marked the entrance, already seeing almost everybody there. I started to take count. There was Brandon and his friend Mark, Jess and Kayla, Paige and Jace, and the only person we were missing was Roy. I huffed and sat down on the fountain next to Brandon.

"Hey,"I greeted him with a cheerful smile.

He turned away from Mark to look at me, a smile warming his face as well,"Hey Danielle."

"So, this is your friend Mark?"I gestured towards the cute red head that was sitting beside Brandon.

"That would be me,"he said in a cocky voice, grabbing my hand in his,"Mark Andrews at your service,"Then he kissed my hand, causing me to jerk it back in shock.

"Okay then?"I said, quite alarmed by his actions.

Brandon just rolled his eyes and shoved his friend,"Don't pay attention to him. I'm not sure that he is mentally sane.