9: Stolen Kisses

We didn't even have to knock on the door. Roy just turned the knob and swung it open, motioning for me to go in before him. Some people gave me strange looks, but others were either too engrossed in whatever they were doing or too drunk to notice my presence. I just rolled my eyes at the madness, letting Roy lead me over to a group of guys that all seemed to be on the football team.

"How did you guys manage to get here before?"Roy asked them,"I could have sworn I left the field before you."

The tallest let out a chuckle, his voice suprisingly deep,"Well, maybe we are just way awesomer than you. Anyway, who's this pretty lady that you brought with you?"

He gave me a wink, causing me to squish myself against Roy,"My name's Danielle. I'm in your Bio class."

His face lit up in understanding,"You're the girl that I'm always cheating off of!"

I gave him a horrified look, but he just returned it with a reassuring smile,"Don't worry. I'm really slick about it. The professor never catches me."

"Great!"I said sarcastically, causing the whole group of guys to laugh. Once again I was being laughed at.

"So is this the girl that everyone is talking about?"another guy that I recognized as Clark asked.

"Yeah,"Roy sighed, his face scrunching,"I don't know why everyone is getting so upset about me befriending someone."

Clark laughed,"Uh, I get it. You usually don't just suddenly out of nowhere befriend somebody, especially not a girl that no one has ever heard of. Every girl is jealous because they know that you are never just friends with a girl. And guys are probably jealous because somehow you plucked up this nobody that happens to be a very hot woman. I know I am."He sent me a wink, but I just fake gagged and pointed my finger down my throat.

Suddenly Roy wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his side, almost protectively,"I just don't think that they should be bothering Dani about it. She hasn't done anything to them. And I can promise that if I see anybody making things hard for her, I will personally pummel them."

"Okay, then,"I said awkwardly, breaking the silence,"I think I'm going to grab me and Roy a drink, since he obviously needs it."

I walked away as all of the guys sent me warm smiles, thankfully. I headed to the kitchen where I found some jello shots and bottles of beer. I grabbed a handful of jello shots and two bottles of Bud Light Lime, hoping that Roy liked that brand.

When I returned to the group, I was shocked and outraged to find the cheerleader that had spilt coffee all over me leaned up against Brad, one of Roy's friends. I angrily stomped the rest of the way over there, but made sure I had a polite smile on my face when I rejoined the group.

"Here you go Roy,"I handed him a jello shot and a bottle.

I myself took a shot and a bottle, leaving me with three shots,"Anybody want one?"

The guys scrambled to get them out of my hand and I quickly jerked it back once it was empty.

"Gosh, it's like trying to feed a steak to a lion,"I mumbled, looking at the guys with wide eyes.

Roy chuckled and slung an arm over my shoulder, already having swallowed his jello shot. I leaned against his saide, finding it way more comfortable than just plain standing up. Gulping back my delicious red jello shot, I scanned the group to find Ms. I'm- going -to- glare-at -you -until -you -burst -into -flames. I shot her a fake smile, choosing to kill her with kindness instead of my fists.

When Roy looked up from his conversation with Clark to see the fake smile I had on my face, his eyes instantly followed to where it was pointed. The girl didn't have time to mask her glare before Roy saw it and sent her an angry look.