Entry #7

Nov. 23, 2038
4:00 p.m.

*Connor logged in*

I think I temporarily "broke" Gavin Reed today. Mentally, at least. ^_^;

Let me explain; I was reading about the pop culture throughout the 1990s-2010s, so that I might be more "relatable" in my topics of conversation and interactions with Hank and my co-workers at the DPD. I found quite a wide collection of trends that were popular in those years, so I decided to test a few of them out.

The first instance was this morning. I was busy preparing Hank's breakfast, so I didn't realize he'd even woken up until I turned around and saw him sitting at the dining table, already sipping his coffee.

"Good morning, Hank!" I said chipperly, earning a grunt in reply. I then performed one of the acts I'd read about online; I believe it was called "dabbing."

......I don't know what response I was expecting, but it wasn't the one I got. Hank proceeded to spit out all the coffee that was in his mouth, and looked at me as if I'd kicked Sumo.

"WHY?!?!" he demanded. "Why did you do that?!" I explained how I found that dabbing was a popular greeting in his youth, to which he more or less begged me to "never f**king do that again." I was a bit disappointed, but I promised I wouldn't.

However, he seemed to change his mind later. When we arrived at work, Hank noticed before I did that Gavin was hovering near my desk, obviously awaiting his chance to deliver my daily insult. Before we drew near, Hank stopped me by grabbing my shoulder. When I looked at him, he seemed deep in thought. After a moment, a smug smirk crossed his face.

"Hey, you got any more of those 'trendy greeting' you told me you researched?" he asked me. I told I did. "Do me a favor; give Gavin the most innocent greeting you've got, then d.... do that thing you did earlier."

"But you told me not to do that again."

"This is a one-time only exception. I just want to see the look on that prick's face. After all, this is more relevant to his generation than anyone else's."

"Okay, Hank!" I walked up to my desk, already seeing a sinister smile forming on Gavin's face. However, before he could say anything, I quickly put on a bright smile and greeted him: "Hewwo, Officer Reed!"

The look of shock was priceless already, but it got even better when I followed it up with a dab. With my head bowed slightly, all I could see was the sleeve of my jacket, but I could hear Hank howling with laughter. When I glanced up, Gavin's face was so pale it looked as if he were about to faint.

And then he did.

I felt terrible, even as another cop dragged Gavin's limp body away laughing like a madman. It wasn't until Hank - still cackling - wrapped an arm around my shoulder, wearing one of the brightest smiles I've ever seen on him, and told me, "That was awesome, kid. Nice job," that I began to feel a bit better and even cracked a smile.

In other news, Thanksgiving is just two days away! Markus asked me if I would consider coming over and spending the day with hin and the others. I politely refused and informed him that I planned to spend the day with Hank. He understood, though I could tell he was disappointed, and I felt kind of bad.

Then North proceeded to tackle me from behind and demanded that I make up for "dissing them" by going Black Friday shopping with her and Simon. I've heard the stories of past horrors associated with Black Friday, so I'm slightly terrified. But in all honesty, I fear North more, so I felt I had no choice to agree.

So now I'm going shopping with North and Simon.... It's most likely going to be absolute chaos, but I'm going.... I have no idea what I'm going to buy, but I'm going....

Oh well! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Connor logged out*