Entry #1

Nov. 16, 2038
6:05 p.m.

*Connor  logged in*

Hello, my name is Connor. I don't quite know why I'm introducing myself to a book... I've never kept a private journal before. I do know some people usually start off entries with "Dear Diary," but I've heard that's considered a very feminine thing to do, so I will refrain from that.

Anyways, I will try to commit to writing an entry here every day something considerably significant happens. I will do my best to make them as descriptive as possible, but that may be very limited until I get a better understanding of going beyond factual details.

It's still so strange to me. Living in "freedom." Having "free will." True, not everyone recognizes androids as "people" yet, but that's expected. We would be fools if we thought all humans would accept us immediately. Even with half the city evacuated, it's still dangerous for us to be streets at the moment. Therefore Markus has advised that those of us without places to go to stay at the new "Jericho" safehaven.

Today is my 5th day of living with Lt. Anderson, yet it feels like it's been months already. The process of my "moving in" was surprisingly easy. Hank insisted on giving me the spare bedroom in his house, as well as taking me shopping for a wider selection of clothes.

I didn't expect choosing clothes would be so difficult; every time I found something that I thought was acceptable, the lieutenant would shake his head and mutter something about how I have "no sense of style." Well, forgive me, Lieutenant, but I don't think I can take that statement seriously coming from you.

Hank continues to confuse me though. When we left the mall, he was ranting that he would never buy me anything ever again, yet the very next day, I returned to the house after grocery shopping to find that he'd bought me gouramis. Five, to be exact. I walked into my new bedroom, and Hank was standing next to my dresser which had a 50 gallon aquarium on top of it. He gave me an amused smile before putting a can of fish food in my hand and leaving the room. If constantly contradicting oneself is a common human habit, I may not ever understand them fully...

I am looking forward to next Thursday. It will be the first time I'll be observing a national holiday, and from the way Hank has hummed positively whenever the topic of is brought up, I think he is also looking forward to it. I've already researched the most popular Thanksgiving dishes and prepared a new grocery list. Though I've never actually had to cook before, I know I'm perfectly capable of executing every recipe I collected. Hank told me not to go overboard, but I believe he deserves a holiday that reaches its full potential.

Actually, I lied there a bit. I have cooked, though not to the scale of a Thanksgiving dinner. It was an obligation I took upon myself when I agreed to live with the lieutenant. After all, I'm quite sure that if I didn't cook him real meals, Hank would willingly live the remainder of his life on his critically unhealthy diet of burgers, soda, and alcohol. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that our new living arrangement has already proven to be beneficial to his health; somehow I imagine he wouldn't be pleased if he heard that.

I think I will end this entry here. Though I'm not sure in what way writing like this will prove to be beneficial, I am positive that continuing this activity will be worth it. Until next time.

*Connor  logged out*