You nodded. "I went to your office and asked you if you were ready, but you told me later. Later never came."

Jungkook noticed the dress that was hanging up on the closet door and the smeared makeup on around your eyes. The color on your lips was faded now. A pair of heels were laying by the bed, discarded and abonded. You had been dressed up in your favorite attire and you waited for him to tell you he was ready. But he never even left his computer. "(Y/N)," he breathed, realizing his mistakes. "I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

You frowned and your husband shrank under your gaze. "I bet you don't even remember that I went to the hospital two weeks ago?"

Jungkook stood still. He didn't remember, but he didn't want to admit that he was out of the loop once again.

You caught on to his silence and sniffled, trying to hold back a sob. "I called you while I was on the way there because I was in a lot pain. You told me that you would be there after you finished up an episode of your new playthrough. I said that was okay and that I would wait for you, but you never showed up."

"Were you okay?" Jungkook asked, knowing he was too late.

"No!" you sobbed. "I had a miscarriage, and no one was there!"

Jungkook was at a loss of words. How could he have been so careless? How could he have left you by yourself like that? "No one?"

"Taehyung came later, along with Yoongi, but the one person I really needed was sitting in front of his computer playing a stupid game," you huffed. "I needed you, Jungkook, but you didn't care."

"(Y/N), I promise that I will make this all up to you," Jungkook pleaded. "Please, (Y/N). I can't lose you."

"Oh really?" you snipped. "You say that but I know where you're heart really is. I think we just need to accept the fact that we're not going to work out. Four years is the most we can do."

"No." Jungkook grabbed your hand but you shook him away.

"It's for the best," was all you said before walking out of the room you two had shared for four years, leaving your husband in tears.

____

Jungkook shot up. The room he was in was dark with the exception of the glow coming from the alarm clock. That was a dream, right? You hadn't walked away, right? And Jungkook was the loyal husband he thought he was, right?

He heard something murmur before he felt finger tips graze his bare skin. He looked down to see you reaching your arm over towards his body. Your eyes were still closed, since you were probably only 5% awake at the moment. "Jungkookie," you murmured, "where did you go?"

"I'm right here," Jungkook responded quietly, shifting closer to your body until you could snuggle him like you had been. During his nightmare, he had tossed and turned and wriggled out of your grasp.

"Where did you go?" you repeated, still very much asleep.

"No where, honey," Jungkook soothed. "I was right here to whole time."

You yawned without saying anything more and after a few minutes, Jungkook concluded you had went back to sleep. He laced his arms around you and held you close before giving you a soft kiss on your forehead. "I won't ever leave you."

"Are you okay?"

Jungkook was surprised when you sat up. He saw you wipe your eyes before you leaned across his body to turn the lamp on that sat on his bed-side table. "What do you mean?"

"You were crying in your sleep," you told him.

"I'm fine," he said, not wanting to worry you.

You frowned. "Don't lie to me."

"I just had a bad dream," your husband admitted, turning on his side. He propped his head up with his hand as he eyed you in the yellow light. "I'm fine, really."

"Are you sure?" you asked, pursing your lips. "I can go make you a midnight snack if you're scared."

"I'm not scared," Jungkook pouted.

"Then why were you crying?" you prodded, determined to get to the bottom of this dilemma at two in the morning.

"I haven't been neglecting you, have I?" Jungkook asked you.

You shook your head. "No, of course not. You're the complete opposite."

"I haven't missed anything important, have I?" he continued. He was realizing that it was just a dream, since you two had only celebrated three years with each other, and you got married in July, not August. You also weren't pregnant, as far as Jungkook knew.

You giggled. "No, not at all."

"Then I'm okay," he smiled. He tugged at your hand, wanting you to lay back down.

"You promise you're not lying?" You leaned over him and turned the lamp off before getting yourself comfy in the warm covers.

"Pinky promise."

I won't ever leave you or neglect you, (Y/N). I won't ever let my job get in between us again, either, honey.

---

all my anxiety from this morning has made me tired and its only three in the afternoon. good night