Chapter 21

"Prove it."

"What?" I turn to face him, the cigarette lying between my fingers.

"Prove that what your saying is true, that you're not as good as you come across." Jax leans closer, his eyes hold a glint, challenging me.

"Fine." I huff. "How?"

Jax rubs his chin with his fingers, doing that animated thing where you're supposed to look like your thinking but instead, it just looks like your stroking your chin hairs. "Ride my motorbike."

My eyes widen. "You have a motorbike?"

"Yep."

I begin to refuse but then I see the glint in his eyes disappear. Oh, screw it. "Fine, let's go."

All of Jax's friends and Esther have come out of the sea and are now watching me as Jax shows me his motorbike and how you actually drive it.

"This is your accelerator." He twists the handle, making the engine rev. "And your brake is here, just like on a normal bike."

I nod. He hops off his all-black motorbike and holds it in place for me to get on. Once I'm on, he shoves a helmet on my head. My heart is pounding fast. I could die but I could also live.

"Off you go." Jax pats the helmet, stepping back and smiling at me.

I accelerate and the bike shoots forward....fast. I brake immediately and the bike skids along the dirt road. I hear celebratory shouts behind me. I smile. I turn the bike around to face the group. I rev up the engine. I let go of the brake and shoot forward, I slow down a bit and I start pulling the handlebars up, pressing the rear brake for grip. I feel the motorbike go up and I hear shouts louder this time. I keep going and then I slam the motorbike down on ground level. I skid to a stop right in front of the group. I take off the helmet revealing my stupid smile.

"That was fucking incredible." I hear Tyrone shout.

"You did a frickin' wheelie," Brian says with disbelief.

I hop off the bike and hang the helmet on the handle. I turn around and I'm instantly met with Jax standing in close proximity to my body. I can feel his breath on mine. He leans into my ear and whispers.

"Now, kiss me."

I look at his grey-blue eyes and I don't think I just lean in. My lips collide with his, feeling electric waves travel up and down my body. His mouth moves against mine, gently. His tongue asking for permission. I open my mouth as an invitation. The pace moves quicker this time, making the most out of every second. His hands move to my waist, holding me in place.

"Emmm, you know we're still here, right?"

I pull away at the sound of Esther's voice. I look up at Jax and see his eyes sparkling. His smile is wide across his whole face.

"Woah," he whispers under his breath.

Driving back to my house with Esther was interesting. She kept talking about the wheelie that I managed to pull off, I'm surprised that I'm not in a hospital bed right now. She barely mentioned the kiss, well as for me, I couldn't stop thinking about it. First off, I was in disbelief the fact that I was actually in such close proximity to a guy, period, and our mouths joined. I had no feeling of disgust or the ache in my stomach, pleading me to throw the contents of my stomach up. It was sweet but it also felt like fire. I couldn't get enough of it but at the same time, it was the perfect amount. Jax was different tonight. Whenever he came to my house, he was sweet and gentle but today he was in charge, fearless and strong. It made me way more attracted to him.