Chapter 15

The day was long, but in the end the case went to Cas. He didn't need the help, cause he said it was "Angel business" and that he already knew who it was, so he thanked them for their help, and left, after hugging Elena and Dean a little too much.

"So, we have a place in Lebannon Kansas. You wanna take some time off and come with?"

Elena looked around her apartment above the bar she runs... Contemplating. She wasn't sure she could just leave everything.

"I don't know Dean

"I don't know Dean. I have a life here, a job, bills to pay... I just don't know."

"Well, there would be hunting. Alot. And you'd have your own room with no bills to pay. You wouldn't need a job. And... well, we could see eachother. You live here in Florida and I live in Kansas. It's a bit of a drive for me."

"That's very true. But Dean... How serious are we? I mean, if I'm moving in with you, how serious are you about this?"

"Why don't Sam and I go back to our room, and you do what you have to do. Figure out what you want to do, and let me know. Check out is at 11 tomorrow. So... if you're not out there when we leave, I'll take that as your answer. And I won't hold it against you."

He walked up to her, and kissed her forehead.

"Although, if you choose me... I can't imagine being any happier."

And he left the room.

"Hey Jer, how are things? I know the wedding is coming up. How is Bonnie?"

"Things around here are great Elena. And you'll never guess what my company is doing for our wedding gift. They know we have been having a hard time finding a place, so... they are rebuilding our old house! The property is still ours, so... problem solved! Bonnie can't wait to see you."

"Me too Jer. I miss you guys."

"We miss you too."

"So, I need to talk to you about something."

"Oh boy. What happened?"

She proceeded to tell him about everything that had happened between her and Dean since the moment they first met years ago. Then, what he does for a living, what she does. By day and by night as well as days off. And what Dean asked her. She needed advice, and Jeremy put Bonnie on the phone so she could give her advice as well. She was always good at that.

"Well Elena, he has my vote. You need a good guy and even though I want you to have a normal life, this life seems to be engrained in your DNA. You even tried to get away from it and some how it followed you anyways. I think you should do it."

"Really Bonnie?"

"Yes really. Jeremy thinks so too."

"We aren't even married yet and you're already making my decisions for me?"

They laughed and Elena could hear them kiss over the speaker. She always did like them together, and she wanted what they had. She always did. She thought they could have that... Her and Damon. But it was just a dream. He had already bought a bar with an apartment above it just for them for when they were human. That was why she did what she was doing now. It just reminded her of Damon. But maybe it was time to let go. Let go of Damon. She wasn't sure what to do, when there was no way to see the future.

"Hey Bonnie. Can you still predict the future?"

" I wish! Then I'd know if it was going to rain or not and then we could have the wedding outside like I originally wanted."

"Damn. Oh well. No time like the present to go all in. Thanks for the talk guys. And Jeremy... how do you feel?"

He paused for a moment. She could tell he was staring at her picture on the phone.

"I want you to have everything you ever wanted. And if you pass this opportunity up, it may have been your chance to be supremely happy. Go for it Elena. You deserve it."

"I love you Jer. Love you Bonnie."

"Love you too!"