jealous | 15

Chapter 15:
Jealous

"But this time we've gone too far"
-Olivia O'Brien (RIP)

Zach hasn't been 100% happy in a long time. But now that he has been dating Jared, you would never see the boy without a smile. Corbyn found it creepy while Daniel found it amazing. The brunette sort of wishes he found someone that would treat him right. But knowing that it wasn't the time for love or relationships at the moment, Daniel settled with gushing over Jared every time he came over. Constant flirtatious remarks and even small gestures. Jared thought nothing of it, as he clearly only has eyes for Zach; but he would occasionally throw back a snarky remark to Daniel to ease his hormonal wants.

And to say the blue eyed boy was hopelessly infatuated, was true.

Maybe it was the unsettling pit in his stomach, as he was the odd one without a partner; but Daniel hated being alone. He was jealous that everyone else had some to cuddle during a movie, while he had nothing but a blanket and a bowl of popcorn.

The thoughts brought a frown to Daniel's face. He stuffed his phone in his pocket as he walked out of his room and down the many steps. He eventually found everyone sitting in the main room, watching the large screen TV. No one noticed his presence as he went and took a seat at the end, inbetween both Corbyn and Jack. It wasn't until then that the faux blonde smiles when seeing Daniel sit beside him. Daniel smiles as well, before scooting closer and practically forcing his body onto Corbyn's.

The other laughed lightly as he wrapped his arms around the brunette.

"Someone's needy" Corbyn whispered in Daniel's ear, causing a shiver to run down his spine. Daniel eyes him, before whispering himself.

"Not needy. Just lonely."

Corbyn again laughed before pulling the other closer. Daniel sighed at the feeling, and even kissed the crook of Corbyn's neck with a smile. But it dropped as he once again began thinking about how the blonde didn't belong to him. The boy had a girlfriend who he loved dearly. So many things that were against why Daniel could never have something he wants. It was enough to make Daniel slightly shift away from Corbyn.  It seemed as the other didn't like that; as he grabbed Daniel and purposely brought him back.

"I thought I was being needy?" Daniel said to him quietly.

"Nope. Not needy. Just cute."

Daniel blushed lightly as his words, turning his head away in embarrassment. But nevertheless he laid his body against the other's, getting comfortable to watch whatever the others were.

Sometime during the movie that everyone was watching, Zach's phone had gone off. His familiar ring tone had echoed through the room, making everyone else groan in annoyance.

"Seriously. It was just getting good" Jonah scoffed as he motioned towards the screen before them. Zach rolled his eyes with a small chuckle as he pulled out his phone from his pocket. The ringer had gotten louder while he looked over the contact name.

Jared.

Zach instantly smiled as he got up from his seat and left to a different room. That being up the stairs and to his shared bedroom. By now the ringing had stopped and he was left with the notification saying he has one missed call. He closed the door as he plopped down on Corbyn's bed. He pulled up his contacts getting ready to call his new boyfriend back, when the door had swung open before it was once again shut. A little startled, Zach jumped, almost dropping his phone in the process.

He looked to see the person who scared him half to death, was none other than Jack. He leaned against the closed door with crossed arms and a poker face. Zach rolled his eyes at the sight, deciding to place his phone next to him and call back once he was finished with whatever Jack had to say.

"Is there a reason why you suddenly come bursting in a room that isn't yours?" Zach questions with a little sass. He feels like he can't do anything alone anymore. He now constantly has a certain Avery boy breathing down his neck. It was irritating and really inflicts all of his emotions.

"Yeah, actually. I'm here to tell you that us guys feel as if we're being neglected from your life. And it's all because of that Jason guy" Jack replies, not moving an inch from where he was. Instead Zach stands to his feet a little irritated.

"It's Jared, and no they don't. You do. Ever since I've started dating him, you've done nothing but tell me everything I should and should not be doing" Zach got closer. "Stop worrying about me and start worrying about your oh so perfect girlfriend."

"I'm looking out for you" Jack replies. He moves from the door and walks so he stood in front of an upset Zachary.

"No, you're acting like an ass!" Zach suddenly shouts, instantly regretting it.

"And this is what I mean. Your little boyfriend is doing nothing but being a bad influence on you!" Jack eyed him while he took a few steps closer. The two were close enough to feel each other's breath.

To Zach it wasn't helping the intense stare the two held; making his heart beat a thousand times faster.

"I can't believe you right now" Zach sighs as he's the one to step away.

"Can't believe what? That I actually care about you, and hope the douche you're currently going out with doesn't hurt you?" Jack wonders as he watches Zach's every move. Those movements being that he once again got close to Jack so their noses brushed.

"Quit talking about him like that" Zach said deeply, making Jack lick his lips and tighten his jaw.

"Or what Herron? You gonna tickle to me death?" Jack wondered as he leaned even closer, their lips barely hovering over each other "You couldn't even hurt a fly if you tried" He whispered now, his eyes flicking down towards Zach's plump lips, before back up into his dark chocolate brown orbs.

"Don't test me, Jack" Zach replied, his breathing becoming shaky.

"If it means you dumping that loser, then I will" Jack stated. Zach grabbed the collar of his shirt, making the two close enough to actually feel the slight brush of each other's lips. Jack was in shock as his breathing too became irregular. He placed his hands on Zach's forearms, scared to put them somewhere else. They might wander if he did.

And as one tiny thought slipped through Jack's flustered mind, the door had opened to a smiling Jonah. He frowned as he seen the sight. Zach just sighed as he pushed Jack away. He grabbed his phone as he stalked out the room and out of the house completely; taking a seat in the backyard. Jonah just stared at Jack with confusion, while the other mumbled under his breath.

"I should have locked that dumb door."