Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

"Alright, where do I start?" he replied after sucking in a deep breath. Granted, he wasn't exactly in the best mood to be doing this kind of thing, but there was no way he would ruin all of Jongin's hard work.

Clapping his hands gleefully, Baekhyun practically vibrated on the spot in excitement. "Okay! So Jongin has set up a story of all your firsts together, up until now. Obviously, school is closed for the holidays and that's where most of them happened, so we've set up little scenes around the house to mimic them. Once you find one, you'll get the clue for the next one from one of us down here in the lounge, et cetera. Got it?"

Kyungsoo quirked a brow. "Okay. Where's the first one?"

With a grin, the older stuck out his hand. In it lay a small slip of paper, with a faint pink lip mark in the corner. Was that lipstick?

As he took the piece of paper from Baekhyun's grasp, said boy barked out a jovial, "go!", and whipped around instantly before racing out of the room, leaving a startled Kyungsoo behind with Chanyeol still beside him. Only then did he realise that the room was completely empty beside the two of them, and he couldn't hear a single murmur throughout the house, meaning that Baekhyun's explanation must have also served as a distraction whilst the others left. Were they.. hiding?

"Chanyeol," Kyungsoo said, his tone pleading as he stared up at his old friend, then back down at the slip of paper. The first time we met, it read. "This is ridiculous. Where do I even start?"

With a light chuckle and a shrug of his shoulder, Chanyeol gave the shorter a helpless look. "Just do your best, Soo. Jongin's been planning this for so long," he responded, and the thought had Kyungsoo's usually stone cold heart fluttering with affection. His boyfriend really was something else.

"All the clues are in this house, but that includes the garden and everything so be thorough," Chanyeol continued, pointing to the paper in the other's hand. "Look for anything at all that reminds you of your firsts and resembles what happened. And by anything, I mean figurines."

At that, Kyungsoo lifted his head to find the taller smiling conspiratorially, and that was when he realised that Chanyeol had just made this a hundred times easier.

"Thanks, Chan," he said gratefully, grinning up at the other boy. With a mischievous wink and the tip of an imaginary hat, Chanyeol was gone.

Okay, figurines..

Now that he was finally alone again, Kyungsoo set about recalling the first time he and Jongin met. Of course, that was when the younger had almost ran him over with his car - how could he forget?

So, surely that meant he was looking for a car. Where in this house were there cars?

Jongin's own vehicle was just outside on the street, so Kyungsoo headed straight there in search of any figurines. After scanning the entire area in and around Jongin's old black car, he found nothing, which left him to wonder where else there may be any cars.

Chanyeol said everything was in the house.. but Kyungsoo was out on the street right now, so he made his way back inside on the grounds that he must have started his search a little too far afield. Back in the lounge, however, there was nothing. No cars anywhere.

And then, all of a sudden, it clicked. Kyungsoo raced up the stairs to his boyfriend's room, and what had recently become his own room to stay in as well.

On his first night in the Kim house, the shorter male had spent a fair amount of time exploring, and had learnt that the much younger Jongin was an avid collector of action figures, plushies and anything to do with cars. In other words, he was a stereotypical boy with a few soft toys thrown in.