Chapter Sixteen

Days passed and not a single word was shared between Jongin and Kyungsoo. Hell, they barely even shared a glance, never mind speech.

Kyungsoo was extremely confused about the whole thing, especially about what he should feel.

On one hand, he had convinced himself that Jongin was in the wrong for making a move, but on the other hand, the absence of his presence was proving too much for Kyungsoo. He just wanted his friend back.

That was the turning point for Kyungsoo, leading him to at least try and make eye contact with Jongin from then on, but the other boy did not appear to think the same.

As they hurried between classes, they would pass by each other in the corridors. Kyungsoo would stare at Jongin with a hopeful expression, only to have the younger look up, widen his eyes and rapidly pick up his pace as he scurried past.

This happened several times in several places, eventually draining all hope out of Kyungsoo's small soul.

Now, he was sat cross legged on Baekhyun's bed as he explained the whole situation to him.

Baekhyun listened intently, nodding his head every now and then to acknowledge the younger's words.

'So, why didn't you run after him?' he asked, once Kyungsoo had finished explaining.

'I panicked, just like he did,' Kyungsoo sighed, running a hand through his hair. 'I've never noticed any hints that he liked me, I mean he's hugged me a few times but only to annoy me. I just felt like, since we'd only really consider ourselves friends, it was pretty out of order. I feel obliged to be angry at him, but I don't want to be.'

'Then don't be,' Baekhyun dead panned, taking a bite into his apple.

Narrowing his eyes at the older, Kyungsoo made a mental note not to go to Baekhyun for advice again.

'I'm not angry anymore, I'm just annoyed that he won't even look at me.'

'I think you should talk it over with him.'

'Thanks, Sherlock,' Kyungsoo replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm, 'I could've figured that one out for myself.'

Baekhyun simply shrugged, emitting another sigh from Kyungsoo.

'When should I do it?' he asked.

'When the time is right,' the older said and took another bite of his apple before continuing. 'If you try and plan a specific time to bring it up, you'll just end up messing it up and possibly making things worse. Just wait until you feel ready and then talk about it when the time feels right.'

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. 'I'm shocked, Baek, you actually said something that helped for once.'

'Shut up, hobbit.'

'You're the same size as me!'

~

'As of today, we will be starting a project that will last you through this half term.'

The whole class groaned loudly. Class projects were the worst.

'You will be working in partners with the person sitting next to you.'

The general mood of the classroom flipped as students cheered, since most of them were sitting beside their friends.

Unfortunately for Kyungsoo, that wasn't the case. He was situated on the end of the row, next to Jongin. He leaned over his desk and counted down from the end to find that there was an even number of students, meaning he would have no choice but to work with Jongin.