Chapter Thirty

'Our dance department will be merging with the drama and music sectors to work towards our upcoming project,' Madame Sissone announced.

Yes; ironically, that really was her surname. But as much as boys made fun of the young dance teacher's title, she was an excellent coach. She had always been Jongin's favourite teacher, ever since she said that she had 'never seen a dancer with so much passion' and that he had 'great potential' three years back. Since she was an international champion, he would be an idiot not to believe her.

'The project will be a formal competition, held in the main hall, in order to showcase your talents to the rest of the school and your parents, if they do choose to attend.'

Several groans could be heard. Nobody liked it when parents were involved.

'Between this lesson and next, I would like you to think about which routine you will perform. If you have any issues or enquiries, please come and see me before then. Dismissed.'

The students filed out of the dance studio, quiet murmurs and pockets of conversation following in their wake.

Routines swirled around in Jongin's mind as he considered his options. He wanted to pick carefully and wisely, so as to display his talents fully.

He was still undecided when he met Kyungsoo - and Baekhyun, although he didn't take any notice of the small male - outside their choir classroom.

'Did you get the news, too?' Jongin asked when he caught Kyungsoo's irritated expression.

'Yeah,' the smaller replied, his frustration evident even in that one word. 'I'm not doing it.'

'We have to,' Baekhyun said, but he didn't look any more pleased than his friend.

'I hate to say it but he's right,' Jongin agreed, then shot Baekhyun a glare, which was soon returned with equal malice. Kyungsoo frowned at them both before facing back the way they were walking.

'But it's just pointless,' he sighed. 'Even more pointless than my father sending me to a public school if I'm just going to take the company anyway. Why would I need to learn geology if I'm just going to be sat in an office all day? Just the same as why I wouldn't need to work on my performance skills unless I was going to be a singer.'

'You might end up as a singer,' Baekhyun shrugged. 'You never know.'

Kyungsoo scowled at him. 'Not if my father has anything to say about it.'

'This assignment has really put you in a bad mood, hasn't it?' Jongin chuckled.

'Yes. And I'm not doing it.'

Grinning and shaking his head at his boyfriend, Jongin pushed open the door to their history classroom and sighed.

Today was the deadline for their projects, and they were to present them in front of the class. Jongin hadn't thought much about this presentation before, but now that it was time, his nerves were kicking in. He wasn't confident talking in front of big groups of people, so he was relying solely on Sehun and his chatterbox ways to get them through the end of the project.

On the other hand, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo didn't seem at all fazed, which only made him feel worse.

'Let's get this over with,' he murmured to himself. He entered the classroom with the other two close behind.

~

After the presentations and the dismissal of the class, Kyungsoo waited outside the room for Jongin. Soon after, the tanned male emerged and breathed a huge sigh of relief.