Chapter Twenty-One

Weekends passed before Jongin gathered enough courage to actually follow up his proposition and take Kyungsoo on a date.

On top of that, it was their first ever date together. Frankly, he was petrified.

He had been rushing round his dorm for a while, with Mark glancing at him with one eyebrow raised whenever he reappeared, even if it was just for a few seconds.

The next time Jongin emerged from his drawers, Mark dared to question his flustered actions. 'What exactly are you doing?'

All he got in reply was a breathy and distracted voice that muttered, 'got to be perfect, everything needs to be perfect!'

Mark simply rolled his eyes and returned his attention to his laptop.

A few minutes later, Jongin came out of the bathroom for good. He breathed deeply and announced, 'I think I'm ready now.'

'Finally,' Mark muttered.

All of a sudden, Jongin jumped. His eyes widened and his lips parted slightly. 'The tickets!' he cried. 'Where did I put the tickets?!'

Leaning over to Jongin's bedside table, Mark grabbed two tickets and offered them to him. 'These ones?'

'Yes,' Jongin said after clearing his throat. 'Thanks, man.'

He leaned forward and took the pair of tickets, then smoothed down his shirt and nodded to himself. 'Right, okay. I'm going now.'

Shooting him a faint smile over his laptop screen, Mark replied, 'yep. Have fun.'

With that, Jongin was out the door and off to Kyungsoo's dorm.

~

'An amusement park?' Kyungsoo cocked an eyebrow as he stared up at the huge structures before him. They were standing in the enormous gateway entrance, hands clasped tightly together as they observed their surroundings.

'Do you like rides?' Jongin questioned as he handed the tickets over at the ticket booth. 'Please tell me you like rides.'

'Yeah, I love rides,' Kyungsoo chuckled. He met Jongin's gaze and began swinging their hands as they continued walking.

'Let's go then,' Jongin grinned, tugging the smaller along. 'No time to waste!'

Kyungsoo giggled and followed closely behind his boyfriend.

Jongin, being Jongin, decided to head straight for the biggest rollercoaster in the whole theme park. It was famous for its many thrilling loops and twists, but Kyungsoo didn't mind. After all, Kyungsoo liked rollercoasters.

'Shit,' he mumbled as they waited in line for the ride. There were only a few carts left before it would be their turn. He could practically feel his legs caving underneath him, crumbling under the nerves of riding this death trap.

'Hyung,' Jongin said, laughing when Kyungsoo's trembling hands gripped his own so tight that he swore they would break.

'Fuck, Jongin, I think I'm gonna throw up,' Kyungsoo said. His eyes widened as he watched the cart that had just taken off fly around the track and soar high into the air.

'It's just a ride, Kyungie, you'll be fine,' Jongin chuckled. He placed a hand on the smaller's cheek, caressing it with his thumb in an attempt to comfort him. 'I'm here. Nothing's going to happen to you. I won't let it.'

Kyungsoo met his loving gaze, and his shaking soon eased, before disappearing completely.

For a while, they stared at each other, Jongin silently conveying comforting words with his eyes. Don't worry, everything will be fine.