Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

Megan

There were lots of things in life you want to try because, well, curiosity. But once it was already in front of you, you found you were not ready yet when every single cell in your body wanted to say yes. This was one of those moments.

All your muscles tightened in anticipation. Sweats dotted your neck and palms. Your throat bobbed in nervous energy. But your fears outran your excitement. So you just gotta laugh and say, "This is ridiculous. Let's move on."

Megan thought and felt the same as she sat in front of Wade and grabbed her coffee. She sipped on it nervously and chuckled, "Hell no, we're not doing it here."

Wade's mouth tipped slightly, "Worth the shot. Come here."

"Uhm..."

"I'm not going to fuck your ass. I'll only remove the plug like you want me to." His eyes sparkled in amusement. "Besides, I don't actually plan to. At least not today."

"You don't?"

"For one, your virgin ass isn't ready for my cock yet. We'll take it slow. One size at a time."

Her core ached with all the dirty promises seeping from his words. "As in before Chicago?"

"Before Chicago," he said. Like it was nothing. Like him gone for two weeks wasn't a big deal when it was a huge fucking deal.

Wade shut his computer off. So oblivious of the chaos going on in her insides. So oblivious of the stupid thoughts and worst-case scenarios springing from the back of her brain and right before her eyes.

He looked at her, eyes laughing and smirking like a modern villain with the beauty of Manhattan looming behind him as if he owned it all. Too bad it was half true. "Do you want me to remove that off you or no?"

x.x.x

"You kissed me."

They both stopped in their tracks, too tensed to speak, in the middle of the bustling ground of W Industries. It was weighing on her all those times yet she was so adamant to not make a big deal out of it. Wade was acting nonchalant but she noticed how he kept minimal eye contact throughout the day. So unlike him for the Alpha male she knew had always loved to make sure she was paying attention when he was speaking.

Wade cleared his throat. A light chuckle. A careful, subtle fidget. She never saw him so uncomfortable. Then it was all gone so fast she thought she imagined it. He looked at her with those intense, blue eyes that always made her want to melt in her spot. "Guess we're both glad it's out of the way."

The words were so cold she almost asked for his suit jacket to calm the goosebumps on her skin. Of course, it was nothing. For all she knew, they were just practicing for the upcoming interviews when they asked them to kiss. It happens, right? She once watched stunts like that on a morning show.

Right. If he wanted to downplay it like that, then game on, Simon.

"Of course. Sounds about right." She sounded as wobbly as she felt.

He nodded, not pushing for more. So unlike Wade. He laced her fingers with his as he guided her out of the building. Sparks shot up her arm.

She didn't have time to process what was happening when flashes of lights blinded her as they walked out of the double doors. Cameras. Journalists. Questions.

Megan! Here!

Give me one of your sweet smiles, Megan.

When did you get married?