Chapter One

Chapter One

Wade

Manipulative, fucking asshole.

Wade Simon leaned against his seat as his father continued talking nonsense before him. The tendons on his neck had long since tightened, the remaining patience he had was draining out of him faster than the wine that was served on their table.

He wanted nothing but to get out of there. The wine glass in his hand had never looked so interesting, as he did his best to appear utterly indifferent with every word coming out of his father's mouth.

"If the doctor said it right, I refuse to spend the last year of my life for this. Your mother wouldn't want all her hard work put to waste, would she?" Benjamin Simon said casually, waving a waiter for another glass.

Wade's eyes quickly shifted to his father who seemed satisfied that he finally got his son's attention.  His jaw was visibly clenching, his voice lowered. "Don't you dare use that card on me. Mom was already buried six feet under. You can stop fucking her up now."

Ben was taken aback at his son's sudden outburst. His voice softened. "No, son. Your mother was the very reason why I'm doing this. She worked so hard to get the company rolling. And she wanted it for you. Neither of us wanted to see the bits of it dispersed."

"So you're finally admitting that you're being an asshole, huh? Using me to make sure that my mother's wish was granted?" Wade mocked. "Why, though? You never cared when she was alive."

Ben's fingers curled into a tight fist. He took breath after breath to calm the rage that his son awakened with his truth. But any retort melted away on his tongue when he was racked into a coughing fit.

The coughs dragging out of him made his frail body pushing forward as if he was going to expel his lungs at any moment. A sliver of fear and sadness crawled their way on Wade's chest and squeezed his heart. He didn't like his father, but that didn't mean he liked seeing him like this. 

Moments later, the coughing stopped and Ben's voice turned more guttural. "I already made my decision and I have a will and testament to remind you when I die. Unless you present yourself with a wife, or a child of your own, the sales will be distributed back to the shareholders."

Wade exhaled heavily, finally had enough of it. Finally refusing to endure seeing his father like this. "Look, I have lots of things to do. In my own company." He stood up, straightened his coat, and then addressed his father. "There's a car waiting outside to take you to your doctor's appointment."

He walked out of the restaurant, not bothering to spare a glance to the man who created his own version of hell and spent his life dragging Wade into it.

He wanted to hate that man. God did he want to cut all ties with him since he was old enough to understand what had been happening.  But he couldn't. Shouldn't. He couldn't understand it, but it felt wrong and he hated that he felt cutting him out was wrong. More so than he was hating that he had to make a decision or his mother's company would be nothing but a memory.

Wade's driver, Landon, was already waiting for him when he reached the curb. He gave the lanky man a curt nod as he entered inside the backseat.

"Where to, sir?"

"W Industries."

W Industries was a multi-million dollar conglomerate he created when he was only 20 years old. A company built in the traditional way—from scratch. It was one thing he was proud enough to show off to his arrogant, manipulative, asshole of a father. At 24, W Industries reached European and Asian companies for being one of the successful firms in America. He worked day and night, barely pulled strings from his family's connections, studied the principles of the business world by himself, funded his colleagues soaring companies which all became a success. And three years later, W Industries was still rising.

He convinced himself that he didn't need Simon Inc. from the very day his mother died and the will and testament was released. He thought he had been successful to avoid self-loathing but he was a fool. He couldn't give up Simon Inc. when his mother sacrificed a lot for it, including wasting her life for a man who did nothing but fuck anyone who had two legs and a pussy behind her back, then regret it when the life was already sucked out from her body.

Pulling his phone out of his pocket was a hardship. Dialing the only man who could help him incredibly so. It took three rings, three painful rings that he considered hanging up in the middle of each one. He knew doing this was submitting to his father's wishes. It was like giving up a huge account he worked so hard for.

"Been a long time, Simon. What's up?" Daniel Monroe, the one who did the dirty works for him, greeted.

"How loaded are you?"

"Not loaded enough to deliver excellent work." He chuckled. "What is it?

Here it fucking goes. "I need you to find every woman with a respectable career and have them background checked. Get to know them first-hand if need be."

"Woah, what the hell, slow down." Daniel laughed. "You finally ready to mingle?"

"Two fingers for you, asshole. One, fuck you. Two, none of your business."

Daniel barked out a short laugh. "Will deliver the first twenty in three days. That, okay?"

"Great. I'll see you in three days."

What a fucking unlucky number three is.

x What's better? The Sims Mobile or Sims Freeplay? x