Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Wade

The car was silent as they drove through the deserted roads.

Daniel was sitting across from him inside his limo. The tension inside the car was making Wade's leg bounced in restlessness. His friend confirmed that almost all the women they had talked about would be there and he was thinking twice whether to approach them—or simply forget that he knew all about their basic information to their dirty little secrets. Though, I guess I should focus more on Carmichael.

Daniel's phone vibrated and he watched as his friend read the message. By the look on his friend's face, it must've been bad news.

"What's going on?" he asked.

Daniel looked up, immediately shaking his head, "Nothing." He placed his phone in his pocket and turned on his iPod, effectively tuning Wade out.

Wade didn't push.

It was like a week ago when he and his friend had been getting along, joking and having drinks at their favorite five-star bar. Like brothers, as cliché as it may sound. But now, after two decades of friendship and a girl trouble, they seemed to drift apart, from brothers to acquaintances.

Daniel had been nonchalant about the situation... but in a bad way. He had been distant, though the glow on his face did stay. It was obvious he hadn't mentioned what had been happening to his girl.

After a thirty-minute drive, they arrived at the Harris' modern-styled mansion. Music that was loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood entered the quiet scene inside the limo. He didn't think it was going to be a problem though, as the Harris' residence was in the middle of nowhere, atop of a hill outside the city.

A sense of awe washed over his face as the guards allowed them inside. Pink, blue and red lights that were buried on the ground covered with thick, transparent glass, and the strobe lights hanging from the tall trees surrounding the mansion, made the place looked intimate. There was also a huge fountain in the middle of the car's entryway, but the spot was surrounded by a cluster of people he either recognized or unfamiliar with.

"Man, Bryan did shit," he heard Daniel muttered beside him.

He turned toward the direction where Daniel's eyes were heading. Four strippers dancing in a transparent cage beneath a huge, makeshift stage, wearing nothing but what he recognized, as expensive Armani blazers and killer heels graced his eyes.

"Thought you were taken."

Daniel's eyes widened before his face grew impassive. "That's what I said." He sauntered forward, leaving Wade behind.

Well then, let the night begin.

Megan

Never in the past month's preparations did Megan imagine that Bryan would come up with such a demeaning, very much bachelor-ish birthday celebration. This was the least anyone would expect from such an honorable businessman, but what did she know? She did her best to avoid this side of the world. Maybe Bryan wasn't the first one to launch a party like this, seeing that almost ninety percent of the people looked unsurprised.

She tried her hardest to avoid looking at the unmarred, velvety-soft figures of naked women—swaying their hips sensually, making love with the poles—in the center of the massive living room. Purple and yellow lights kissing their skin, as their moves became dirtier and more arousing.

She had rethought her decision while she was on her way here more times than she could count. If she was honest, it wasn't really Bryan. She could avoid him if she'd really want to. It was mainly for the fact that she could barely blend in a high-profile businessman's party. Most people that were going to be there were economically and politically involved. Old ones and even the latest populace in this field would surely be her source of misery for tonight.