Chapter 1

It was a Friday night at 6pm, and I was sitting on the couch at home. I had a fun night of eating snacks and watching Netflix ahead of me. Once I got all of the snacks and decided what show I was going to watch, my phone starts to ring. I pick up my phone to see who is calling me. It's my best friend Katrina. But I call her Kat for short. "Hey Kat!" I said. "Hey y/n. I'm going to go hang out with Sam at his place later, you wanna come?" Kat asked. I thought about it for a minute. Do I wanna stay home by myself or be the third wheel with Sam and Kat? "Yea I'll go. But you have to promise not to make me the third wheel." I said hoping Kat would make the promise. "OK, I promise. Sam might end up hanging out with his roommates anyways, so it will probably just be you and me." Kat said. I was happy she made the promise because I hate being the third wheel. "Ok, sounds good." I said smiling. "Alright I'll be there at 7 to pick you up." Kat said. 7?!?! It's 6:45 that's not enough time! "Yea, 7 is perfect, see you then." I lied... 7 wasn't perfect, not at all. We both said our goodbyes and hung up. I threw the blanket off of me and jumped off the couch at lightning fast speed. I ran to my bedroom and headed straight for my closet. I grabbed a black, long sleeved crop top and some plain black leggings. I put them on and looked in the mirror. "Good enough." I said to myself. "At least I don't look like trash now." I sat on my bed and thought of what I should do next. HAIR! I got up and grabbed my hair brush and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I didn't feel like doing much makeup, so I did a little bit of concealer, some mascara, and a little bit of eyeliner. I went to the living room to grab my phone and check what time it was. I had 5 minutes left to spare. I guess I was wrong. 7 was the perfect time. I walked to the front door and grabbed my black converse shoes and put them on. Then I went back into my room and looked in the mirror once again just to make sure I didn't look ridiculous. I went outside and waited for Sam and Kat to pull in the driveway. I got bored while I was waiting so I pulled out my phone and checked instagram. Nothing really interested me but I kept scrolling anyways. Then some bright lights made me look up. It was Sam's car. I stood up an brushed off the back of my pants. As I walked closer to the car I noticed that Katrina was sitting in the front seat, so I had to sit in the back seat. I opened the door and got inside. "Hey y/n Kat said. "Hey Kat, hey Sam." I said. "Hey." sam said. I was kind of nervous. I've obviously met Sam, but I've never been to his house, and I certainly didn't know he had roommates. The car ride there wasn't that long, about 10 minutes. But on the way there we did a lot of singing. A LOT of singing.