Chapter 32 - Do you want this?

Start from the beginning

"Umm...Mad Max?" He asked, peeking at her sheepishly.

"Nope. I am not watching that one again. How about X-Men?" She countered, switching off the stove.

"Don't even...! There has to be a limit to how many times one can drool over poor Mister Jackman." He said, finishing up his salad, and facing her.

"There is no limit, because he is sooooo drool worthy!" She said, with her eyes going all dreamy and a hand on her heart.

"Not watching the X-Men movies again. Let's think of something else." He said as he leaned on the counter and crossed his arms over his chest, giving her a disapproving shake of head.

"La La Land?" She asked suddenly, only just remembering the Oscar nominated sensation.

"La La Land? The musical with Ryan Gosling?" He seemed to consider it.

"And Emma Stone. Don't pretend as if you don't like her! She is so hot! Plus we haven't watched the movie yet. Let's rent it and watch pleaaase? It is critically acclaimed!" God she had been wanting to watch it since a really long time.

"Okay okay. If you want to watch it so bad!"

"You are the best Abhi!" Getting caught up in the moment she flung her arms around him, just like she used to back when this were not complicated and they were just bestfriends.

He hugged her back for a moment before the hug started changing into something else. They slowly extracted themselves from the hug and went back to taking care of the dinner arrangements.

"Um...well the pasta is ready and so is the salad by the looks of it. Let's eat?" She asked, trying to dispel the awkwardness.

*

As Abhi took off his tie, he shook his head. He couldn't believe the day he'd had. With the meetings and the design decisions.

But the most eventful thing that happened today had to be one of his main tech lead Martin getting a phone call in the middle of their meeting informing him that his wife was in labor.

God, the man just lost his ability to function. Abhi had to drive him to the hospital and all but drag him to the correct room. He had never seen anyone so freaked out in his entire life. It was in a way completely hilarious.

Abhi had then taken the rest of the day off, and driven straight back home. No point discussing things today, now that Martin wasn't available. All he needed was a quick swim to calm his mind.

Things between him and Siya were going so well. They were back to being bestfriends. Slowly but surely they had dispelled all the negativity in their relationship.

Changing into his swimming trunks he headed upstairs, to the pool. When he slid the doors open to get to the pool, he stopped dead in his tracks.

Abhi had to blink several times just to ascertain that he wasn't dreaming. That he it was actually Siya, his wife, swimming in the pool.

He watched, mesmerized as her slim figure cut through the water in graceful strokes.

It wasn't that she was swimming that had him gut-punched though. It was the fact that she was not wearing one of her usual one-piece swimsuits that had him stop breathing.

To Abhi's utter shock, she was wearing the tiniest red bikini he had ever seen.

Her entire leg was exposed to his gaze, her bare butt coming in and out of his sight as she swam, while her chest was barely covered in what looked like two tiny ellipses, with strings that tied at the back, not even behind her neck. He had no idea how it stayed on as she swam.