HAPPILY AFTER EVER

16 YEARS LATER
Lana's POV
EMERY i heard my husband shout and I rolled my eyes as he busted into the kitchen.
"What's wrong Cal"
There's a boy outside he hissed.I raised my eyebrow and nibbles on my bottom lip.
What did you do Calvin murmured as he rubbed my shoulder gesturing to the mess I had going in the kitchen.
Bye Emery shouted and I grabbed Calvin's female copy.
"Sit down you owe your father an explanation"
"Hi daddy"
"Hello my sweet girl"He kissed her forehead and I smiled as I seen our four other children bust down the steps.
Daddy they all screamed happily and Calvin swooped them all up giving them a good squeeze.
Mom who's outside our oldest Cameron yelled.Emery's eyes widened and I heard the motorcycle engine purr.
"Your sister's study buddy"
"That's what they are calling them now"
Cameron I scolded and he chuckled as his sisters cheeks flamed and Calvin's body tensed.
"So studying Emery Rose"
"Yes daddy only studying I promise"I pulled dinner out of the oven and Calvin helped Piper get down the plates to set the table.
"Be home by 9:30 and I'm walking out there to meet him"I placed my hand on Calvin's bicep and he looked down at me.
"But mom's already met him"
"Well I'm not your mother am I"The look he shot me was a look of pure fury.I knew I should of told him but I didn't want him to worry while he was on business.
I'll be back Calvin murmured and I stayed silent nodding silently as Calvin followed Emery out.
"Mommy can I have some juice please"I filled Austin's sippy cup with some lemonade and handed it to him helping him with bites of his lasagna.He was only 2 and my little angel.Calvin came in and sat in his seat.I didn't dare meet his gaze.Our middle child broke the silence.
"Daddy are you and mommy not in love anymore"I dropped my fork and Calvin looked up at me as I mumbled sorry.
"Why would you ask that Sophia"
"Because daddy"
"A real answer please"
"You didn't even kiss mommy..Taylor says his parents stopped kissing and married other people..Daddy I don't want you to leave us"Sophia's body shook as Calvin stood and lifted her up out of her chair.
Hey just because I haven't kissed your mother yet doesn't mean we aren't in love anymore okay he murmured as I helped Austin clean up.He ran off and played only to come back a few minutes later and snuggle into me as I finished my dinner.Calvin's eyes burned into me as we cleaned up from dinner.
"Okay enough of the silent treatment what's wrong"
"Nothing"
"That's a bullshit lie Lana Rae and you know I hate lying..tell me the truth"
I just don't feel well I whispered.He tipped my face up and I closed my eyes as he pressed his lips to my temple.
"Hm your warm"
"Mommy can we watch a movie til Emmy gets home"
"Yeah sure let's pick one out okay"Piper and Sophia nodded and Calvin released me in favor of putting the girls over his shoulders as they giggled and shrieked.
"I'm gonna go give Austin a bath"Calvin nodded and I walked up the steps and Austin bounced impatiently as the bath filled up.
"Mommy can we have bubbles too please"
"Sure baby"I stood and opened the small cupboard pouring in bubbles and undressing Austin and placing him in the bathtub.He splashed around as I washed his hair.
Mommy can daddy read me story tonight he mumbled.
"I'm sure your daddy would love to read to you tonight baby"
"Wanna trade"
"What's wrong"
"Emery's back and uh don't know what I'm suppose to do"
"Uh sure"Calvin grabbed my waist and locked our lips together making my knees start to buckle.
I love you Calvin murmured.
"I love you too"
Mom Emery cried as I walked downstairs.
"Hey what's the matter Em"
He hurt me she sobbed and my eyes widened.
"What happened Em"
"He got mad at me mom so mad because I told him I just wanted to be friends"
"Baby did he.."She nodded slowly and I heard Calvin growl.
Daddy no Emery shrieked as Calvin walked for the door.
"Emery Rose he's not going to get away with this"
Mom please she cried and I held her close.Calvin's eyes softened and I kissed Emery's hair.
"Sh Em it's okay your safe..we wouldn't let anything happen to you..Right Cal"
Right he muttered and Emery sniffled into my chest.Calvin pulled us close to his chest.My heart broke seeing Emery clinging to him.
Daddy what's wrong with Emmy Austin mumbled pulling on Calvin's pants.
"Emmy is just sad buddy"
"Come on baby let's get you some milk okay"
"Okay momma"I picked him up and Calvin bit his lip as he tugged at my shirt.I unbuttoned my blouse and he latched right on.
**
Everyone asleep Calvin murmured as I laid on the couch with him.
Yeah they are all asleep I whispered as he kissed the crown of my head.
"What are we going to do"
"With what"
"Emery Calvin"
"I already handled that"I sat up and he pulled my hair out of the loose ponytail.
What do you mean you handled it I murmured.
"Caleb paid him a visit"
"Calvin you both promised me that we wouldn't result to violence"
"He raped our daughter..That called for violence and Caleb only took out a knee cap"I rubbed my temples and sighed.
If he tells his parents and they call the police what are we going to do Calvin..we have six children I hissed.
"I'm aware of how many children we have"
And what happens if you go back to jail huh I have to raise 6 kids by myself I shrieked and Calvin's eyes darkened.
"Are you saying I don't help you"
No Calvin I'm not because your a great dad to our children..I don't think my heart could handle you going away again let alone the kids I whispered tears forming rapidly in my eyes.
Hey I'm not going anywhere I promise he murmured and I sniffled.He wrapped me in his embrace and my tears wet his shirt as I listened to his heartbeat.Emery screamed and I pushed Calvin up the steps to see Cameron swinging at someone.
"You think that's funny huh you sick little bitch..trying to take her well guess what fucker you have a death wish"
"Cameron"
"Dad"Emery was sobbing in my arms as Calvin pulled out his phone.He had this kid by the throat and Cameron washed the blood off his knuckles.
"Take your sister downstairs Lana go with them..we'll be right down"
"Calvin"
"Lana I wasn't asking"
"Be careful"
"Always am"
"Wait your the wife holy shit your about 20 times better than your daughter let me at that"Calvin's eyes darkened in pure anger.That was one thing you never did to Calvin was threaten what was his and was this boy about to learn that lesson.I hustled my oldest's kids down the steps as I heard the crack of the drywall.
"Cameron go check on the others"He nodded and I kissed Emery's forehead.
Sh baby I got you I whispered as she laid her head on my lap.
Is daddy okay she whispered.
"He'll be okay baby I promise"
"Is Cameron and daddy going to get in trouble"
"No honey they won't"Someone knocked on the door as Calvin came down holding him by his scrawny bicep.I took in his injury's.He was sporting a broken nose for sure and will be littered in bruises.Calvin talked to the police and Emery was standing next to Cameron.I sighed and took my place next to Calvin.His arm wrapped around me tightly as he talked.Emery had calmed herself down knowing neither man in her life will be getting in trouble.I looked back to see Cameron looking at us.Emery's eyes were drooping and her body went lax into Cameron's arms.
Go lay her in our bed I'll be right up Calvin murmured.I nodded and Cameron carried her upstairs.I laid on my side and Emery buried herself into my side.She kept a firm grip on Cameron's wrist until she felt Calvin's hand in her hair then she rolled over completely ready to be absorbed into Calvin.
Emery your such a little bed hog still Calvin muttered and she ignored him pressing herself deeper into his chest.
"Daddy"
"Yes baby"
"Am I going to have to testify"
"No baby not if you don't want too"
"Okay"Austin started to cry and I got up.
Emmy he mumbled as I walked him back into mine and Calvin's room.
"Mommy Emmy"
"Sh baby Emmy is sleeping"He nursed contently as Calvin was whispering sweet words to Emery something he hasn't done since she was little.
I love you he murmured.
"I love you too Cal"
"You ever think we'd end up here"
"Not after how many issues we had getting pregnant"I tucked Austin back in and kissed Calvin goodnight before going to sleep myself.