chapter ten

Damien came down for my clothes a few days ago and Earl comes down every day to give me a shower. It's been a four days. Every morning at about six o'clock Damien leaves for work and gets back around nine. His daily routine is strict. Get up, go for a short run, cook breakfast-bacon with biscuits and gravy, shower, get dressed, leave around eight. Earl gets up shortly after Damien leaves, just to wander around the house, humming the same tune every day. He doesn't do much. His outfit is always the same though. A white tank top under a flannel shirt, with matching skinny jeans. He gives me a shirt and shorts after each shower, I never did get my clothes back. My routine is the same as well. I walk around the room with my hand brushing the wall before calapsing by the pipes and falling asleep. I have different dreams every night but they're all old memories. I haven't eaten any of the biscuits yet, I'm saving them for when I get really hungry, but i won't eat more than one at that point. I usually drink from the hose when I'm thirsty, but Earl brought me juice the other day. I gladly chugged half the bottle and put the rest with my biscuits behind the pipes. It is around six in the morning now. Damien just started breakfast, the smell teasing me from above. My stomach growls but I ignore it, waiting until I can't not eat. I usually fill my stomach with water to keep it settled, but that can only last so long. I think I can keep it up a few more days.