chapter seven

Not only was I caught again, but I'm half naked, running around his house in just my boxers. I'm at a loss for words, but I do not plan on staying long enough to give an excuse. I try and crawl between his legs, which catches him off guard at first. He closes his legs around my ankle. I try to scramble away, but his hand reaches down and swats my head. This only makes my squirm harder. He pulls me up by my damp hair and holds me up, examining me closely. "EARL," Earl scrambles up the steps like his life depends on it. "Why is he up here?" He says quietly, but with much force behind it. "- Sorry, sir-i"
"What did I tell you?" He still has a good grip on my hair, but I stop moving and hold my hands to my scalp, trying to ease the pain a bit. Earl keeps his head low. "That next time you slip up-" he uses his free hand to motion Earl to finish the thought. "I-i-i won't be allowed to-shower..." He trails off and toed the ground, like a toddler in time out. "Mhm. So why did I have to get involved?" Please just let go-Let me go. The large man shoves me back downstairs. The door slams with a a small click at the end. I hit the cement with a thud and don't bother getting up. I can feel the blood drain down from my nose and immediately have the urge to vomit. The light metallic smell alone is bad enough, but i can taste it. I sit up slowly and glance at the small puddle of blood on the floor. Feeling dizzy, I lean against the wall with my head back in attempt to stop the blood. I feel a little bad for Earl. He is obviously no match for the large man. He's about twice Earls size, and clearly has some effect on him. But he did bring me here. If I wasn't here, Hercules wouldn't have caught me, meaning Earl wouldn't be in this situation. I still don't know why I'm here, and i probably won't for a while. I need a plan-a real plan. I need to think everything through, all the possible ways out, what outcomes, everything. My train of thought is stopped by my stomach. If I want to get out of here, I'm gonna have to eat whatever I can, whenever I can. Hopefully, that doesn't mean any meat. Maybe Earl will take what I spat at him earlier into consideration. He probably doesn't even get the grocierys, seeming Hercules seems to be the dominate one of the two. How many are there? Why do they need me? What are they gonna do to me? I immediately think of the worst, which only hurts my thinking process. I need to stay calm, and think.