chapter three

I groan and try to pry my crusty eyes open. My back is so sore and i have a pounding headache. I attempt to wipe my eyes, but my hands were bound behind my back. I wipe my eyes on my shoulder instead. I finally get my eyes open after a good minute, only to be met with darkness. As ibwait for my eyes to adjust, my other senses are on over drive. It's dead silent and the air is heavy and humid, with an old basement like smell. It's cold and there is no light coming in, so I assume I am underground. My eyes have slightly adjusted and i can see shapes. After sruggling with my hands for a bit, I decide it's best to save my energy, and sit still with a sigh. I let my mind wander where ever it wants. I think of school, my only real escape from home. I probably don't have it as bad as others, but it's still nice to get away. Get away from the smell of alcohol, the screaming, the loneliness. My mother never really cared after dad left, and my step father 'disowned' me when I came out, so I stayed cooped up in my bedroom with my music. Im interested in the subjects at school, I'm just not good at testing. I'm great at history, only because it's my favorite. I think about where I could be right now, and what I could be doing if I stayed home. I sit in silence with my thoughts, and just as I start to doze off a streak of light comes from behind me. The light fades and a small slam can be heard. Suddenly, the whole room lights up with a dim, eerie glow. The silence is completely broken when someone started to drag a chair across the room. The sound of wood on wood makes me cringe. The man from earlier sits in front of me, after dusting off his clothes. He pulls a grocery bag off his shoulder and sets it in his lap. He puts on a pair of rubber gloves before digging in the bag and pulling out a small chicken leg. "You-need to eat something." He stammers and holds the greasy meat up to my mouth. I clamp my mouth shut and give him an icy glare. If he wants me to eat, he can let me go. Even if I were to accept food from him, I'm vegetarian. He waves the meat in my face before dropping it in the bag. He sits in his chair, and eyes me up and down before stopping at my shoes. He does a quick twitch before dropping to the ground and messing with my laces. I shift around a bit, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable, and fall backwards with the chair. He lifts me back up and stares at my head a bit before pulling out a comb. He carefully fixes my hair and puts the comb in his back pocket. "-you will get a shower in the morning." He walks behind me and flicks the lights off. "Wait!" They come back on and he sits in front of me, looking slightly agitated as he motions for me to go on. "Please, mister...i don't kn-" he puts a finger to my lips. "Earl is fine, son." With that, he leaves the room, turning off the lights on the way out. I'm left in the dark with only my thoughts.

Please comment any mistakes, questions, tips, anything. Is it good, bad, okay? What do you think so far? Again this is my first story, so any input would be great.