Part 25

Peter and I chatted as we walked to his house. We took the elevator up to his floor and we made it to his home. He unlocked the door and opened it up.

"Hey, May!" He said as he entered the house.

"Hi, Peter" I heard May yell back. Peter grabs my hand and pulls me in. May comes into the room. She sees me and smiles wide. She hugs me. 

"It's been awhile since I've seen you," she said as she hugged me. "Ah, you look beautiful," she said pulling away. 

"Thank you," I said as she went to hug Peter. Once she had finished hugging Peter she went over to the kitchen. 

"Are you staying for dinner tonight, Ashley?" she asked looking in the fridge. 

"Yeah, she is" Peter replied for me. I looked at him and smiled. 

"Well, we have no food. Chinese sounds good?" she asked turning looking at us.

"Yeah, sounds good," Peter said as I nodded my head.

"Ok. I'll be back" she said as she grabbed her purse. She grabbed her keys and left. I turned to Peter and smiled. He smiled back. 

"Come," he said as he started walking away. I followed behind him. We went into his room. I went over and sat on the floor in front of his bed so I was leaning against it. 

"What are we gonna do?" I asked him with a smile on my face.

"It's a surprise," he said not looking at me. 

"Ok" I said. A loud ring started going off. I pulled out my phone and it was my dad facetiming me. I answer.

"Hello" I said with a smile.

"Natasha said that she saw you come home, change and leave" he said.

"Yeah" I replied. 

"Why'd you need to change?" He asked sounding concerened. 

"Something happened to Tiffany and she was bleeding. I got some on my shirt." I replied. His jaw dropped the slightest bit.

"Ok, where are you anyway?" he asked me.

"Parkers" I said back. My dad smiled and nodded his head. I turned the camera to Peter and he waved. "See. I'm having dinner with him and May. I could have let you know before but forgot, sorry" I said. 

"It's fine. Be back by 10, please" He said to me with smile. 

"Yep!" I replied. "Love you" I said.

"Love you too" he said. I hung up. 

"He seems to be very portective" Peter said turning around to look at me. 

"Yeah, I guess" I said back confused.

"He's called you twice today. He's never called you." He said.

"True. Maybe since what happened"  I said. Peter sits down next to me. We chat for a bit until we hear May come in. Peter stands up quickly and leaves to help May. I make my way out there slowly. As I walk down the hallway I see all these pictures of little Peter and May. Someone else was in some of the pictures. "Who's in these pictures with you both?" I ask from the hall.

"That's uncle Ben" I hear Aunt May say. I hear footsteps. Peter comes to stand beside me. He looks at me and smiles. 

"You were a cute kid," I say to him.

"So, I'm not cute now?" He says back. I shrug my shoulders. 

"Where is Uncle Ben?" I ask. I notice Peter's face shifts from joking to serious. I clue in that he probably passed away. "Sorry. I ask stupid questions sometimes" I say to him.