Ten

It's been three days since I kissed Peter. Mind you it was only a cheek kiss but still, I probably should've thought it through before just kissing him. Ever since that night I have been avoiding being alone with Peter, in the odd chance he decides to interrogate me. If he were to ask me why I kissed his cheek, I don't even think I'd know the answer. 

Ned and I make our way towards the bus that will take us to the Academic Decathlon. After the teacher checks our name off the list, we board the bus and all because of me, we are early so we get first choice of seats. 

Absolutely brilliant! Now you won't have to sit near that Flash perv. 

"I like your outfit, Ashely" Liz says. I am wearing a navy cropped cardigan, light wash ripped jeans and navy converses. 

"Thanks!" I say back with a smile, feeling proud of my little outfit for today. 

"Here this is for you," Liz says, handing me a yellow Decathlon jacket, "I had an extra,".

"Oh my goodness, thank you!!" I throw it on over top and let me tell you, it may be a few sizes larger then I would have picked but the oversized look is kinda cute. 

Liz sits down in the seat closer to the front, and motions for me to join her. I look at Ned and he gives me a thumbs up so I go join her. We sit there chatting about what we will do after the Academic Decathlon when I overhear chatter outside. I look over and watch Peter jog towards the bus.

"Hey guys! Do you think I could rejoin the team?" Peter asks, now standing at the front of the bus and holding his bag straps. 

 He does that a lot.

"No, no, no way!" Flash says, making his way towards Peter, "You can't just quit on us, then stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone,"

"Welcome back Peter! It's good to have you here. Flash you're back to alternate," Mr. Harrington says. 

"What?!" Flash says, loudly. Liz and I hide our laugh towards Flash who is looking dumbfounded. 

"He's taking your place," someone shouts. Flash turns to look for the person that spoke but there is no luck, he quickly removes his jacket before tossing it at Peter.

"Can we go now, I would like to get in some light protesting?" MJ asks. 

Peter walks by and grabs my arm, "Sorry Liz, I'm gonna have to steal her," before pulling me out of my seat and towards the back of the bus. Once we are seated together in one seat, Ned sitting across from us, Liz pops up from her seat. 

I lean over the middle aisle to look at the tracker Ned is holding. I turn back to Peter who is now on the phone with someone. 

I mouth 'Who?' and he mouths back 'Happy'.

I sit there for a minute trying to figure out where I heard the name Happy before and then I remember lunch with Tony, Happy is the driver. Peter gets off the phone and sighs.

"What was that about?" I ask. 

"Apparently, they are tracking me. He wanted to know where I was going," he says.

"Alright everyone, let's start quizzing!" Liz says enthusiastically. 

Many hours of quizzing and a bathroom break later, we arrive at the hotel for the night. Ned and Peter end up sharing a room and next door, I was paired up with Liz. Liz uses the keycard to open the door and I go bursting through before her, throwing myself on the bed releasing a big sigh. I love me a good road trip but bus seats are not comfortable.

Liz laughs as she passes me, setting her bags neatly on the bed before unpacking her belongings. 

"I'll be back in a bit," I say to her, moving my bags beside the bed and tucking a keycard into the back of my phone.