Episode 14 | Part 1: A Cornered Kitty is All Claws

Trust Fund Babies

Copyright © 2011TvSeriesInABook

All rights reserved

Written by : Sierra (SheMakesTimeDisapear) and Audrey (NinjaComesNaturally)

Cover and Banner by : Susan (Spicychic18) and Audrey (TheAudOne)

Edited by : Alexandra (Sephira)

COPYRIGHT This story, Trust Fund Babies including all chapters,prologues, epilogues and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social networks and eReaders) is copyrighted under Copyright, Designs, and Patent Act of 1988. Any unauthorised copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

____________________________________________________________________________

        Terra ignored the painful rolling in her stomach as Silas grimaced at her. Even when he continued to talk, she couldn’t hear him. It was as if God decided to give her a moment to catch up and pressed mute so she wouldn’t get what she originally heard mixed up. That's what its going to take... The room swam as her vision blurred.  That was what it was going to take to get Kate back? Her Kate? The blonde took a moment to clear her throat, her emerald eyes focused beyond her childhood friend.

        “That’s the only way I can get Kate back? Are you sure?” she questioned, watching in stoic cool as Silas nodded. His hand brushed over his bad eye , an old habit he had picked up on when he lost it in a rival gang fight. It was hard, watching someone who acted older than they were struggle to hold back his own emotions. This wasn’t the normal Silas. She and him had always been the rocks of the gang after all.

        “I can’t think of any other way,” he stated quietly, his storm cloud eyes fogging over. His long fingers poked at the chess set before him, moving his Queen to Q4. It made a dull throb poke fun at Panterra’s heart at the memory of watching the first Harry Potter with Kate. She had to listen her best friend rant on and on about how the trio of friends would get off the chess set and to Professor Squirrelly or whatever.

        If only it was that simple from the start.

        “At this point, there’s no other way to approach the situation. You’re trying to do the impossible and quite frankly, I can’t stop you.” Silas took one of the black bishops and moved it four paces down. Terra could feel her chest constricting at how defeated, yet simple he sounded, as if the two were going out for a drinks and he had told her about what happened to her mother again. The flaxen-haired woman took a pawn and moved it diagonally. Captured his rook.

        “Are you sure this is what you want, Panterra Franx?” Silas sat back in his chair and touched his fingertips together. No one belonged in a Godfather movie more than Silas did at that moment.

        “Is Miss Du Monde really worth it?”

        Panterra glared at him, her eyes snapping to his face, “She is my family.”

        Silas sighed and moved a pawn forward, “You once said that about the gang. About Xavier, Morag, and I. Who’s to say that you won’t leave this girl like you’ve left us?” He tipped the pawn he’d moved down onto its side. Terra watched as it hit the checkerboard and rolled in a circle. Somehow, it seemed to have more of symbolism to her than just losing a simple piece. A miniscule player in the game.