14

Previously

"Do you think there's someone better for me than Yoongi?"

There was a long pause but the hand still didn't move. "I know there is," was the careful reply as the hand withdrew and the teacher stood up, moving closer to the pond.

Taehyung bit his lip. There was a question he really wanted to ask, but he didn't want to seem precocious. But he really wanted to know the answer. He needed to know.

"Can it be you?"

***

Taehyung was alone again, thinking over what had happened. It had been completely unexpected, that was for sure. His heart was still racing and his mind was in overdrive.

Ten minutes earlier

Jimin looked around to check no one had heard what they were talking about before turning to face the younger's adorable, anxious expression. "Tae, you probably know that I don't feel nothing for you, but we both have things we need to sort out before we can properly think about that."

"Are you saying it's possible?" Taehyung pressed.

Another pause and a sigh. "I think I am."

*

He stood up and dusted the invisible dirt off, a smile ghosting over his lips. He turned to walk back inside, a spring in his step, but on his way in, he heard voices from the side of the building. Familiar voices. Feeling curious, he crept up to the wall and took a quick peek around the corner. What he saw shocked him. It didn't hurt, but it surprised him and made him think twice about his life choices.

Mr Kim - the English teacher - was pressed against the wall and Yoongi was stood in front of him, earphones and phone dangling from his jacket pocket. His mouth fell open.

"Yoongi, I know you have a boyfriend and you know I do too-" Mr Kim was saying.

Yoongi snorted but it sounded sad. "Taehyung doesn't love me. I know there's someone else he loves. But I don't love him either. And you know that I'm better than Kim Seokjin."

Wow. Taehyung's mouth fell open. So it wasn't LE that Yoongi liked, but Kim Namjoon, the English teacher. And he clearly wasn't afraid to do something about it unlike Taehyung. It was a little disappointing to see that Yoongi wasn't the gentleman Taehyung had put him down as, although to be fair, he hardly deserved a gentleman after essentially using him to make Jimin jealous. It still stung though. He had trusted Yoongi and it wasn't like he'd actually done anything with Jimin since he'd told him who he really was.

"Look, I like you, but I love Seokjin. I care for him. And you're a student!" Namjoon protested feebly, being blatantly ignored by the student.

"You may care for him and love him, but you want me, don't you? Whether I'm a student or not," Yoongi pressed up close to Namjoon and suddenly Taehyung couldn't watch anymore. He felt like he was intruding. But at least he now felt like he could break up with him without feeling guilty.

As he walked away, head down, head cloudy, he thought back to what Taeyong had said. He'd heard about the flirting with LE through Kim Namjoon? Surely he wouldn't have said anything about that if he knew how Yoongi felt. And he must have known that Yoongi liked him even then. It probably happened when Yoongi showed Namjoon all his demos. He did it frequently but Taehyung had just assumed they shared a love of music and had become almost friends through it.