4

Tuesday
"Yoongi asked me if you were single," Jungkook said casually as they walked out of English.

Taehyung stopped walking to choke on dust as he took in what his best friend had said. "What?! When?!"

Jungkook shrugged. "Yesterday after school. You'd gone before I could tell you."

Taehyung didn't know whether to feel happy or depressed. He was unofficially dating Park Jimin, the maths teacher, under his brother's identity, but he'd had a massive crush on Yoongi for years. He'd never have thought that Yoongi, a star senior, would know who he was. Just three days ago and he would be screaming and jumping up and down ecstatically, but now... things were different. More complicated. He still liked Yoongi, after liking him for so long he couldn't just stop, but now he liked Jimin. A lot. And Jimin liked him too. A lot.

"He's probably going to ask you out," Jungkook grinned smugly. "And I, as your bestest friend in the whole world, sang your praises to him, so thank me later."

The elder closed his eyes in despair. "Thanks Kook," he turned with a rigid smile and clapped him on the shoulder. "You're a pal." Inside his head, he was crumpling up and slowly curling into a ball in the middle of the hall.

Jungkook frowned. "Hey. Why aren't you excited?"

His friend shook his head, a small smile on his face, as appreciative as he could make it look. "I am excited. I'm just... nervous."

*

Taehyung's head was bent over his textbook, a thoughtful frown creasing his brows. Maths wasn't hard for him, but there was always the occasional question that threw him. This was one such question. Just as he was rubbing his head in bewilderment, the classroom door opened and every head in the classroom looked up. Taehyung was the first to look down again muttering a quiet, "Shit!"

Of course, it had to be Jimin didn't it?

He stood his textbook up and hid his face behind it, watching as Jimin spoke to Mr Kwon about borrowing a few textbooks as he was two short. Mr Kwon handed them over and Jimin thanked him before scanning the class of adoring faces and smiling. His eyes briefly landed on the textbook in front of Taehyung and, before the younger could duck his head, their eyes met. Taehyung held his breath, anticipating a hurt expression but Jimin just turned around as though he hadn't seen anything. Maybe he didn't. Either way his lungs felt like they were about to burst. He only breathed out again when Wendy pushed the book over from her seat next to him and made him jump.

"What's up with you?" She asked. "Did you get in Mr Park's bad books already?"

Taehyung sighed and sank further in his seat. "Does he even have bad books?" He grumbled, wishing Jimin could just find out and hate him already to get it over with. It would be easier on both of them.

Wendy chuckled softly. "I know, right? He's an angel."

He couldn't not agree and that just made everything ten times worse. He wasn't going to hurt just any man. He was going to hurt an angel.

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and secretly checked it whilst Mr Kwon was marking books. He saw a text from Jimin and his heart jumped into his mouth in suspense. He breathed deeply and opened it, expecting to be dumped. In actuality, what he read made him snort with laughter and breathe out with relief yet again.

Jimin
You have a brother at high school, right?

The relief didn't last long though as he realised just how close things had been. He refrained from replying until he knew what to say and slid the phone back into his blazer. He really had to tell someone.