9

Friday

Despite having some sort of plan in his mind, Taehyung still dreaded going to school. He still didn't want to see Jimin so soon. Yesterday had been the worst day of his life and since when was the day after the worst day of your life much better?

Nevertheless, Sicheng stayed behind just to ensure that he went and when Taehyung showed signs of protest, he bundled him into the car with Yesung and drove him to school instead, just so that he could be sure he went. He never usually paid much attention so Taehyung figured that Taeyong must have asked him to.

"It's a phase," Sicheng had said boredly. "You'll be completely over him in a few days."

Taehyung had glanced at his brother at that point and seen the sly tug of his lips. He couldn't help but suspect - fear - that he had some sort of ulterior motive. Why else would he be glad of his brother's heartbreak? Sure he was usually an ass, but he wasn't cruel. Stealing his little brother's ex (if he could call him that) would be a new low. A low that Taehyung hoped would never be reached.

At school, Jungkook was more sympathetic to his recent mood change when Taehyung briefly white-lied that he'd been rejected by someone he really liked. Whilst it was only a half-truth, it still burned his insides to say it.

Jungkook spent the day playing "knight in shining armour" and came to his best friend's rescue whenever someone tried to talk to him, however he struggled to get more than a few words out of him himself. Clearly Taehyung didn't need saving from other people, he needed saving from himself.

Which is why, when Jungkook spotted Yoongi across the canteen, he dashed over whilst Taehyung wasn't paying him any attention.

Bored of rolling his food around his tray, Taehyung looked up at Jungkook only to find that it was Yoongi sat in his place. His mouth opened and closed trying to think of something to say.

"Hi," Yoongi said for him with a smile. "Are you not hungry?" He nodded towards the full tray of mixed up food.

"Ahh, no... not really," he admitted sheepishly. "Want it?"

Yoongi laughed. "No, no. I think you should eat at least some of it though. It cost you 1,700 won, you can't waste it."

"I just don't think I can. Eat it for me," Taehyung pushed the tray towards Yoongi, who just stared at it.

"Nope," the elder said. He picked up the chopsticks and picked up a small pile of rice. "Not until I've seen you eat five mouthfuls."

Taehyung chuckled a little. "What am I, five?"

"Come on," Yoongi coaxed, the rice getting closer and closer. "For me?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes and complied with a tiny smile, leaning forward to eat it. Yoongi held his hand under his mouth to catch any crumbs.

It must have looked a cute sight because when Taehyung looked around, almost every girl in the canteen had turned to watch them with hearts in their eyes, and the remaining few watched with fiery, jealous expressions. And Jimin-

Jimin had seen too. And Taehyung saw that flicker in his eyes again as they locked gazes before the teacher turned indifferently towards the dinner lady to select his food. Taehyung looked down and forced himself to swallow, remembering what Taeyong had said.

"I can't think of anyone I trust more to make him smile than you"

He wanted to be the one to make Jimin smile too. He had to get him back. He had to stick to the briefly outlined plan.

"Sorry I didn't reply to your text yesterday," Yoongi's voice broke into Taehyung's thoughts and he looked up again.

"What text?" His mind had momentarily gone blank.