11

Monday

"Hey, Taehyung," Yoongi stopped in front of him in the hallway by Taehyung's locker.

"Oh, hi hyung. How are you?" Taehyung replied, closing his locker and making a side note of the fact that Jungkook was making eyes at Hoseok.

"I'm good," Yoongi smiled. "But I have something to ask you..."

Taehyung nodded. "Sure, ask away."

Yoongi took a deep breath. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

Even Jungkook paid attention to that and his and Taehyung's eyes widened - both for different reasons. Jungkook was excited for his friend to date the basketball-star senior; and Taehyung was stuck. He hadn't made allowances for this in his plans with Taeyong.

"Umm..." Taehyung stumbled, totally wishing that Taeyong could direct him. He looked at Yoongi's hopeful, warm eyes and couldn't stop himself. The word just fell out of his mouth. "Yes?"

Jungkook patted him on the back proudly and Taehyung gulped. He still wanted to follow the plan, and he knew he didn't like Yoongi as much as he liked Jimin, but he also didn't want to hurt his feelings. So he forced a smile as Yoongi hugged him gently, as though he'd break.

At lunch, the new couple sat with Jungkook and Hoseok - who couldn't look more like a couple themselves if they tried.

"Mr Kim told me he wants to show me his music studio! How cool is that?" Yoongi was asking Taehyung who just smiled and nodded.

"That's awesome, hyung. You have to tell me how it goes," he said. He was genuinely happy for him, but he felt more like a friend than a boyfriend with him now. When he thought about it, it was funny: he hadn't actually kissed either Jimin or Yoongi properly. He also wondered, who would he kiss first - if either of them?

Towards the end of lunch, Taeyong appeared behind Taehyung's shoulder. It was Jungkook's nod that made him turn around. "Oh, hey - um, hello Dr Lee," he chuckled tensely before excusing himself from his friends and walking away with Taeyong. "So, what's going on, hyung?"

Taeyong raised an eyebrow. "Like you don't already know what I'm going to say. Since when was dating Min Yoongi a part of the plan?!" He whispered loudly in a corner of the corridor.

"So, uh, you heard about that already?" The younger scratched his head sheepishly. "I kinda couldn't say no..."

Taeyong sighed and shook his head despairingly. "Well do you want to continue the plan or are you going to settle for Min Yoongi?"

The student frowned. "Hyung, no one just settles for Min Yoongi. If it weren't for Jimin then I would definitely be in love with him. He's a really sweet guy! But no, I do want to continue with the plan."

"Then we need to fit this in and edit it a little. Come have a coffee in my office. If he comes in, I'll change the subject, okay?"

The pair headed to the doctor's cozy little office and Taehyung settled himself in one of the armchairs whilst Taeyong made them both coffee.

"Hyung? Can we avoid making it look like I'm using Yoongi? Because that's not how it is and I don't want him to get hurt if he finds out," Taehyung bit his lip and wrapped his sleeved fingers around the mug that his friend handed him.

"As long as you know what you want," Taeyong shrugged, leaning back in his chair and watching with a smirk as Taehyung's two minds battled inside his head.

Maths was last lesson and, surprisingly to Taehyung, Jimin did as he said he would. He greeted him in the exact same way that he greeted everyone else and without a hint of annoyance. Just cheerful. Clearly he hadn't heard the gossip about him and Yoongi yet. No doubt Taeyong would deviously let it slip into conversation. The plan was still to make him jealous, but now it was real. Jimin wouldn't believe that Taeyong would date Taehyung, but Yoongi actually was...