10

Saturday

Before he'd even gotten up, Taehyung found himself scrolling through his contacts. Jimin's name appeared above Jungkook's and he stopped scrolling. Instead, he wondered whether Jimin had blocked his number. How would he react to a text from him right now?

To be fair, he had a pressing question to ask. And he wouldn't get the answer from Sicheng. His finger hovered over the contact and he finally worked up the courage to press it. He kept deleting what he'd typed, not knowing how to word it, before settling on something simple and only slightly accusatory.

To: Jimin

I know I have no right to talk to or message you, but what were you doing with my brother?

He hit send and stared at the screen for a while, imagining all the possible replies in his head. He was disturbed by a yell of pain from Sicheng's room down the hall.

"JESUS CHRIST, YESUNG. GET OUT OF MY ROOM!"

Taehyung couldn't help the snort of laughter that burst out. Yesung had come up good and stuck to his promise.

A few minutes later, the door burst open and Yesung ran in giggling uncontrollably.

"Sicheng hyung shouted so I used my glue stick in his slippers!" He couldn't stop giggling and Taehyung grinned, patting the bed next to him, helping the boy clamber up and sit next to him.

"Good boy!" He praised. "Sicheng hyung was very mean to TaeTae hyung so he deserves this."

Yesung frowned and looked up at him with his big little eyes. "What did he do?"

Taehyung unlocked his phone and found a selfie he'd taken with Jimin on their second date and turned it round to show Yesung. "This is Jimin hyung," he told the little boy, who nodded. "TaeTae hyung was dating Jimin hyung but I did something bad. I lied to him so he broke up with me. Are you following?"

Another nod.

"Well, because Sicheng hyung knows that TaeTae hyung likes Jimin hyung a lot, he decided to go on a date with him. Do you know what that means? I don't suppose you do..."

Yesung puffed out his chest proudly. "I know what that means! Yesung-ie has had a girlfriend before, hyung! It means that Sicheng hyung is trying to take Jimin-ie hyung away from TaeTae hyung!"

Taehyung nodded. "That's right. And we have to stop him, don't we?"

Half an hour later, Yesung and Taehyung were downstairs waiting for Sicheng. When the eldest of the three appeared, he was sceptical of Taehyung's oddly calm presence.

"What's going on? Today is Saturday. You stay here with the brat."

Yesung stuck his tongue out at Sicheng and held his favourite brother's hand.

"We've decided that I need some more money, haven't we Yesung-ie!" Taehyung smirked. "So we're coming with you."

Sicheng scowled. "And how do you expect to get there? I'm not driving you, I don't want you there." Always pleasant. "Which reminds me. Why did you finish doing the tyre in the middle of the night?"

"What are you talking about? I left it half finished. There was no way I was going to finish it after what you did."

Now they were all confused.

"Never mind, I'll find out later. Now. You two, if you're coming, can walk," Sicheng glared.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "So, you steal the guy I like and then you deny me the simplest of things: a lift to the cafe?"