forty nine

I got a train down to London at 5 and got to the airport at around 7. Shawn, Syd, Dan, Jake and Char's flight is supposed to get in for half 7 but they had to go through security and baggage claim first. When their gate came up on the board I made my way over to the seating arena and sat down to wait. As soon as the first couple of people came through I stood up and kept an eye out for them. Shawn was the first one I saw and as soon as he saw me he smiled. I immediately ran up to him and jumped wrapping my arms and legs around him. He dropped his bags and hugged me back before gently letting me down. Once I was down I hugged the others. "How was the flight?" I asked them. "It was ok, Char almost broke my hand because she squeezed it so hard." Jake replied.
She slapped him. "I'm scared of heights."
We all laughed and then got in a taxi. Shawn helped the driver put all the baggage into the trunk and then we headed to the hotel. I booked us all three rooms but we all ended up staying in mine and Shawn's room playing cards. We decided to order pizza to the hotel so me and Syd went down to get it. We brought it back up and we all sat on the bed to eat it.
"So whats the plan for this Weekend?" Jake asked as ate.
"Tomorrow we will go to Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery and we will go on the London Eye at night because all it's beautiful at night. And then Sunday we are going on a boat ride around the Thames and we will go up the shard before getting a train back home." After we ate our pizza everyone headed to their rooms and we all got a early night as we have to be up early tomorrow. I told the others to be ready for 9 so I set an alarm for 8 giving me an hour to get ready. I got in the shower and then bow dried my hair after. The sound of my hairdryer coming on woke Shawn up so he dragged himself into the shower. I straightened my hair and then put half of it up in a pony. I put on my makeup and then got changed. Once Shawn was changed we met the others and headed to breakfast. I made sure to book a hotel that served breakfast so Syd, Dan, Jake and Char could all try a traditional English breakfast.
We got our drinks and then put them down at a table before heading over to the hot food. I was first in the queue followed by Shawn, Dan, Syd, Char and then Jake.
I grabbed a plate and then turned to the others. "A standard English breakfast is 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 1 fried egg, 2 hashbrowns, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and toast."
I then put those on my plate and Shawn and the others did the same. We then collected some cutlery and headed black to the table to eat.
Me and Shawn started to eat our breakfasts and Syd looked down at hers. "I actually have no idea where to start."
I laughed. "If you want the yolk of your egg to stay runny start with the egg."
We all ate our breakfasts and after Jake spoke up." I think that was the best thing I've ever eaten."
"Really?" I was surprised.
"So good I want more." He stood up and then headed over to get more. Shawn and Dan followed him making me, Sid and Char laugh.
After the boys finished their seconds we all headed back to our hotel rooms and got ready to go. Shawn locked the door and then we met the others in the lobby. I reached in my bag and got out 5 all day tickets.
"You'll need these for the barriers, I'll show you what to do with them when we get on the underground."
We walked to the nearest underground station and approached the barriers. I showed the others what to do with their tickets and then we got on an underground. We were only on the first underground for a few stops before we had to get off and switch lines. One of the trains became crowded so Shawn had to stand in front of me and hold onto the handle above me. I looked at him for a second and then poked his arm pit making him drop his arm down. As soon as he did there was a bump and he lost his balance. I quickly grabbed him and pulled him back before laughing. We got on another underground and got off at green park. We then walked to Buckingham palace and took some pictures infront of it and Jake insisted we got a group picture with one of the guards. We stood looking at it. "Is the queen in there now?" Jake asked.
I laughed. "You see the flag flying above Buckingham palace."
They all nodded.
"If the United Kingdom flag flies above Buckingham Palace then the queen is not in but if the Royal Standard flag is flying then she is." I pointed to the flag "And that is the United Kingdom flag so she's not in."
"Where is she?" Syd asked.
"Probably at Windsor Castle or Sandringham House."
Jake cut in. "She has more than 1 house!"
"She's the queen she can have as many houses as she wants." Shawn said making us all laugh.
After we'd seen enough of Buckingham palace we grabbed some lunch from a small cafe and headed over to Hyde park for a picnic. Half way through eating two girls came up to us. "Excuse me but are you Shawn Mendes?"
Shawn looked up at them. "I am."
"Can we get a picture please?"
He stood up. "Of course you can."
I saw him place his hand on their backs and then he took a picture with both of the girls.
They asked him to follow them on twitter so he got his phone out and followed them. They spoke to him for a couple of minutes before they left.
I stared at him for a second.
"What?" He questioned.
"Nothing." I said.
Once we'd all eaten we walked to Trafalgar Square and took some more pictures infront of the lion statues. We asked someone to take a group picture and then me, Syd and Char all posed for a picture followed by Shawn, Dan and Jake. I jumped on Shawn for a photo, Jake and Char took one with their arms wrapped around eachother and Dan and Syd took a silly photo where they sat on one of the statues making the rest of us laugh. We sat down on the water fountain and people watched.
I turned to the others. "Have you ever played the tourist game?"
They all shook their head.
"Tell tourist game is a game where you score points based on the different type of tourists you see." I looked around and spotted a group of tourists with matching backpacks and pointed to them. "You see the group of tourists with the matching back packs?"
They all nodded.
"That would be 15 points. If you spot a bum bag you get 5 points. If you see a tour guide you get 50 and the jackpot of 100 points is a tour bus."
I got my phone out and entered everyone's names into my notes app. "I will keep score and the person with the most amount of points wins."
We headed into the national gallery and the game began.
I was the first one to spot a fanny pack. "Fanny pack." I pointed to an old lady standing with a black fanny pack strapped to her waist gaining me 5 points. Shortly after Jake spotted a group of school children all wearing the same t shirts and caps winning him 15 points. As the game went on everyone was gaining points until we ran out of things to find. We exited the National Gallery and headed to
Oxford Street to find a place to eat for dinner. Halfway through our meal Jake suddenly spotten something out the window.
"Tour bus with group of tourists and a tour guide."
"What!" I looked out the window and saw a tour bus with a group of tourists sitting in it and a tour guide stood in the front wearing a microphone talking to them.
Everyone sighed and Jake had the biggest smirk plastered across his face.
"How did I miss that!" I said changing Jake's score on my phone.