twenty one

Music:
Hand Of God: Jon Bellion

***

We were all sitting at our usual table lunchtime. Normally it's just me, Syd, Shawn, Dan and Jake but recently Charlotte has been joining us, I guess her and Jake are a thing now. I was scrolling through my phone when I saw a post from Ariana Grande (btw I am obsessed with her so I couldn't resist putting her in my story). I tapped it, read the writing and screamed out loud. Shawn was sat next to me and immediately grabbed his ear. "Ow!"
I bit my finger. "Sorry."
Syd took my phone off me. "What is it?"
I pointed to the post. "Ariana Grande is coming to Toronto!!"
She looked confused. "You like Ariana Grande?"
My face dropped. "Yes I love her, it's the honeymoon tour, I've never seen her live before so I have to get tickets!" (I know her recent album is dangerous woman but I'm using the honeymoon tour).
I took my phone back and went to click for more details but stopped.
"Why have you stopped?" Syd asked.
I slouched in my chair and crossed my arms "I've got no one to go with, back home me and my old friends were obsessed with her, we were all planning on going next time she came to the UK."
"I'll go with you." Syd said smiling at me.
I sat up. "Really?"
"Sure, if it means that much to you." She looked round at everyone. "Why don't we all go?"
They hesitated for a moment and then all agreed. I ended up getting 6 of the cheapest tickets they had, we were quite far away from the stage but I didn't care. The bell rang for the end of lunch so we all gathered our stuff together.
"Are you and Syd going to the café now?" Charlotte asked.
"Yeah, do you want to come?" I replied.
She put her bag over her arm. "Can I? I heard their hot chocolates are the best!"
Syd rested her leg on the chair and re adjusted her shoe lace. "Sure, the guys are meeting us there last period anyway."

***

We got to the café and ordered our drinks I got a tea, Syd ordered a cappuccino and Charlotte got a Hot Chocolate. We sat at the back table and dumped our bags on the floor.
Char stirred her hot chocolate with a long spoon. "Do you come here often?"
I squeezed the tea bag in my tea and took it out of the cup. "Whenever we have free periods."
"So what's going on between you and Jake?" Syd said getting straight to the point and making Char go red.
She leaned in closer to us. "He took me on a date last Saturday."
"How was it?" Sid asked after.
"It was really great, actually the best date I've been on."
"So are you boyfriend and girlfriend?" I couldn't help but ask.
"I don't know." She smiled. "But I think he may ask me when we go out Friday night."
Syd smiled in excitement. "If he does you two have to come on double dates with me and Dan!!"
"Hey!" I gave her an offended look.
"Get a boyfriend then I'll ask you." She
jokingly snapped.
We all laughed and carried on talking until the guys arrived. They all ordered their drinks and joined us at the table.
"Guys, Dan has just won us all tickets to six flags." Jake said putting his drink on the table and then sitting next to Char.
I looked at everyone confusingly. "Whats six flags?"
Syd turned to me. "It's a theme park."
She then turned to Dan. "How did you get tickets?"
Dan smirked. "I entered a competition online and won!"
"When is it?" Syd said intriguingly.
"This Saturday." He looked around at all of us "Who's up for it?"
We all nodded and arranged plans, we decided that Shawn and Dan would drive, Dan taking Syd in his car and Shawn would taking me, Jake and Char in his.

***

I woke up early Saturday morning and curled my hair. It's supposed to be hot so I put on my white t-shirt and my denim high waisted shorts. Mum made pancakes so I ate them with dad and then packed my bag after. I put on my white converse and met Shawn at his car.
"Got everything?" He asked.
I checked my bag once more. "Yep."
I went to go to sit in the back but he stopped me. "Where are you going?"
I pointed to the back seat. "I'm sitting in the back?"
"No you're not, you're in the front with me." He signalled for me to get in the front so I did and then we headed to pick up Jake and Char.
He put his arm out and pointed to the compartment in front of my legs. "Open that."
I opened it and pulled out the aux chord. "Do you want me to plug your phone in?"
He chuckled. "No yours you melon."
I was confused.
"Well if we're seeing Ariana we need to start listening to her."
I screamed, "Oh my god thank you!" and plugged my phone in.
We pulled up at Jakes and both Jake and Char put their bags in the boot.
Jake stood by the car and didn't get in. "Shawn can you please get out and open the door for my girlfriend."
My eyes widened. "No way!" I opened the door stepped out of the car to hug Char."I'm so happy for you."
"Thank you." She had the biggest smile on her face.
Jake jokingly turned to me and said. "Last chance to have me Jazz."
I jokingly slapped him and we all got in the car. I shuffled Ariana on my phone and then put my feet up. I sang every single lyric to all the songs that came on. I even directed some of the songs to Shawn which made him laugh.