fourteen

Music:
That's On Me - Mac Miller 🖤

***

Shawn got straight onto his knees, grabbed the boys t-shirt pulling his head off the ground so he could throw a few more punches to his face.
I saw the blood on Shawn's hand and then looked at the boys face. The skin around his eye began to redden and there was blood on the corner of his mouth.  Dan and Jake appeared and pulled Shawn off the boy holding him back. The boy turned to Shawn and spat. "This isn't over!"
He then walked out and slammed the door behind him. I looked around and everyone was staring at us. "Shows over!" Syd shouted and everyone left. She approached me. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." I looked at Shawn who was getting his breath back. Syd took me into the kitchen and Jake pulled out a chair so I could sit down. "What the hell happened?"
"I got up to go to the bathroom and on the way he attacked me." My eyes began to water again but not enough for the tears to escape my eyes. "He grabbed my arm and when I pulled away he pinned me against the wall and wrapped his hands around my neck." I felt a lump in my throat. "He ran his hand up the inner part of my thigh and I-" My eyes began to water again, but this time I couldn't stop the tears from escaping my eyes. "I heard him undo his belt."
"That sick bastard!" Shawn yelled and quickly stood up. Before he could do anything Dan pushed him back on his seat. "Shawn you need to calm down."
"Oh my god, you all seriously believe that shit." Lyndsey appeared from the living room.
"What?" Syd stood up and said.
"Obviously Jazz made this all up for attention. She clearly wasn't getting enough of it."
"What the hell do you know?"
"Look at her, I can basically see half of her ass because that skirt is so short, if that isn't the definition of slut I don't know what is?" She gave me a disgusted look.
She went to speak again but I stood up and cut her off. "I did not go through 5 years of fat shaming, countless diets and endless exercise schemes to be called a slut straight to my face. It's taken me a long time to become comfortable with my body and I'm not gonna change the way I dress because a snake like you doesn't like it. Now do I need to show you the door or are you capable of finding it by yourself?"
She went silent for a second and then turned to Shawn. "Shawn, walk me home."
Shawn looked over at me and then walked out with her and straight after I let out a sign of relief.

After they left Jake walked me home and we stopped by my front door. "Thank you for walking me home."
"It's okay, as long as you're safe." He smiled and I smiled back.
There was an awkward pause. "This may be inappropriate but I really want to kiss you."
I chuckled. "Its not inappropriate."
"Good." He placed his hands on my cheek and then slowly leant his head in. Our lips touched but it didn't feel right. We pulled away and looked at each other silently.
"Did that feel weird to you?" I asked.
"Yep." He replied.
We both burst out laughing.
"This isn't going to work is it?" He asked.
"No."
"So what now?"
"I guess we just stay friends."
"You know I got to know you a lot more tonight and I think we'll be great friends." I smiled and he gave me a hug, which actually made me feel a lot better. We said good night and when I got in I went straight upstairs, got into the shorts and t-shirt Shawn gave me and got into bed. 
I lied in bed tracing back everything that happened tonight but my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of something being thrown at my window. I quickly turned my light on and got up to find out what it was.
I walked to the window and pulled my curtain across. I saw Shawn standing outside with rocks in his hand. I opened the window. "What do you want?"
"I need to talk to you!" He said quietly but just enough for me to hear him.
"Fine"." I shut the window and went downstairs to open the door letting him in.
I didn't see his face properly until he stood under the light. His eye was bruised and there were cuts on his hands.
I gasped. "Oh my god! What happened?"
"After I dropped Lyndsey home Dylan, the boy who grabbed you, found me, although this time he brought some friends."
"You need some ice on that." I took him into the kitchen and sat him down on a chair. I then got out some frozen peas and placed the bag gently on his swollen eye.
There was a pause. "Did he do this to you because of me?"
He looked straight into my eyes. "He shouldn't have done that to you."
"This is all my fault." I felt so bad, if I just stayed in the garden this could've been avoided.
"Don't blame yourself, this isn't your fault."
Once the swelling on his eye went down I took the bag off and got out some cream from the cupboard. "The ice has brought the swelling down but this will help with the pain."
He looked down. "I see you're wearing my clothes." He smiled
"They're surprisingly comfy." I dabbed some cream on his eye making him flinch.
I bit my lip. "Sorry, I forgot to say it will sting."
There was a pause.
"I'm sorry about earlier, I should never of called you a slut. I let jealously get the best of me."
I smiled. "Thank you for apologising."
He stood up off the chair. "So what was that all about with Lyndsey earlier?"
"What do you mean?" I said putting the cream back in the cupboard.
He raised his eyebrows at me giving me the you know what I mean look. I walked into the living room and he followed behind me. We both sat on the sofa and he asked the same question again. I took a deep breath. "When I was younger I used to be fat. The only trousers that actually fit me were sweatpants and for five years three girls made my life a living hell, they used to call me names and steal my food. They said it was for the best but it just made me eat more when I got home. I used to hide in the toilets almost every lunchtime and cry. I hated them and they made me hate myself." I took a deep breath. "One day when I was at home me and Mum decided to have a movie night. We bought loads of snacks and watched our favourite film. Halfway through the film I started to sweat badly which was weird because it was the middle of winter. My heart began to race and my chest got tight. When Mum noticed something was wrong she took me straight to hospital. The doctors said I experienced an minor heart attack" I paused for a moment. "That was the day my mum decided I needed to change. She put me on a strict diet and hired a personal trainer. Debbie was amazing, she got me through every training session and helped me get my confidence back. That's why I wear the clothes I do now, I'm proud of what I've achieved. I even faced those girls after and they didn't even recognise me. My mum even got me into the newspaper, my story was told and it inspired other people just like me."
He looked shocked. "Your mom must be so proud."
I smiled. "She was and still is, we both lost weight together so I never felt alone."

We talked for a bit longer and I ended up falling asleep on him. He woke me up a few minutes after and said he had to go. It was a good thing he did because mum would not be happy if she saw us. I wiped my eyes and walked him to the door. "There's something about you England and I can't quite get my head around it." He gave me the sexiest look and left shutting the door behind him.

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Thank you so much for almost 60k reads!!! I say it every time but that is insane!!! It honestly  means so much to me❤

Instagram: heartofshawnx