eleven

Music:
Don't - Ed Sheeran and John Mayer

***

I quickly took my hands down and took a few steps back. ‬
What am I doing? He has a girlfriend
‪"I'm so sorry, you've got a girlfriend, I don't know why I thought-"‬
He cut me off "Girlfriend? I haven't got a girlfriend"‬
‪"What? Then who's Lyndsey?"‬ I was so confused.
‪"She's my ex."‬
My eyes widened. That explains a lot‬.
He started to walk out of the water but I didn't follow. ‬
He stopped. "Are you coming?"‬
I backed away. "Hell no! If I go over there she'll kill me and then bring me back from the dead to clean up the mess."
‪"Well you can't stay there all day." He carried on walking. ‬
He had a point so I ran and caught up with him. ‬
‪Before we approached her an idea popped into my head. ‬
She crossed her arms. "What the hell happened over there?"‬
Shawn was about to speak but I cut him off. "I slipped and Shawn caught me before I fell into the water."
She scoffed. "Do you really expect me to believe that?"
Shawn cut in. "No Lyndsey thats what happened, she slipped and I caught her."‬
I didn't say anything but she was giving me the worst glare. ‬She turned around and started to walk away. ‬
‪"Hey Lyndsey." ‬I shouted grabbing her attention.
She turned back around and snapped. "What!"‬
I stepped into the water and scooped the biggest splash of water into her face soaking her from the waist up.
I quickly grabbed Shawn's hand and we ran away as fast as we could picking up our bags on the way. ‬
She screamed and ran her fingers through her wet messed up hair, her makeup started to run down her face making me and Shawn both burst into laughter. ‬
Once we were well away from Lyndsey we stopped running and walked.
‪"So your place or mine?" He said casually keeping his eyes on the road. ‬
‪"What!" I snapped. "I am not a booty call."
‪"Calm down, it's for our first lesson?"‬ he replied.
I pulled my eyebrows together giving him a confused look. ‬He looked me. "Math. Mr Jacobs asked me to tutor you."
‪"Oh right." I completely forgot. ‬
‪"So your house?" He went to turn down my road. ‬
‪"We can't go to mine! I can't let my parents find out I need extra lessons, they hate me enough already."‬
‪"Why do they hate you?"‬
‪"Let's just say I haven't been happy about moving and telling them that I'm failing the one subject they want me to do good in will just make things worse."
Once we got to his house he got his keys out, unlocked the door and walked straight in but I stayed outside. ‬
‪"What are you doing?"‬ he asked.
‪"I'm soaking wet, if I walk in I'll get the floor wet."
He laughed. "Just come in." He grabbed my hand and gently pulled me indoors. ‬
He stood me on the door mat. "Wait here." He then walked upstairs. ‬I started to shake, I was already cold and being wet didn't help.
He came back down a few minutes later holding a towel.
‪"Here." He wrapped the towel around me and then pointed to the small room down the hall. "The bathroom is down there. I left one of my t shirts for you to change into."
‪"Thank you." I took my bag down the hall to where he pointed.
I dried myself off, and then put on a t-shirt Shawn gave me and my shorts. His t shirt was comfy and only just covered my shorts.
After I finished I looked around for Shawn but couldn't see him. ‬
‪"Shawn?" ‬I shouted slightly hoping to get a reply.
‪"I'm in the kitchen." ‬
I headed into the kitchen and saw Shawn setting up the work on the table. ‬
I walked over and sat down on the chair next to him. ‬
"Oh my god." He suddenly said.
"What?" I started to panic.
"Nothing just you just look really good in my t shirt." He looked down at my body. "Actually it's kinda hot."
I blushed and then squeezed the pressure point at the top of his arm making him immediately take his eyes off my body.
"Ouch!" He grabbed his arm in pain "Where did you learn that?"
"My parents made me take a Self Defence class."
He got out one of my old test papers and put it infront of me. "Mr Jacobs gave me this, I think it's a good idea for us to sit and read through your last test so I can see where you went wrong and what needs improving."
I sighed and dropped my head on the table.
"Don't get too excited." He said making me laugh into the table.
I sat back up and got my pen out ready.

***

It took us about an hour to get through the entire paper and Shawn wrote down notes on his paper.
I glanced at my watch and saw the time. "Shit!"
"What?"
"I should've been home ages ago." I quickly got up and grabbed my bag.
I walked into the hallway and put my shoes on.
"I'll give you a lift home." He grabbed his keys from the side and started to put his shoes on.
"No it's fine I can walk." I threw my bag on my sounders.
"Jazz you'll get home quicker if I drive you."
Damn it!! I hate it when he's right.
As he that said Shawn's mum walked in.
His mum looked straight at me and then at Shawn. "Shawn? Who's this?"
"This is Jazz , she's the girl I was talking about."
Hes been talking about me?
"Hi." I smiled.
"Would you like to stay for dinner Jazz?" Shawn's mum kindly offered. "We've just been to get some fresh groceries."
"Thank you for the offer Mrs Mendes but my mum is expecting me home."
Shawn opened the door.
I looked around at her and smiled. "It was nice meeting you."'
"And you." She replied back.
We both left and got back into Shawn's car.
"Your mum seems nice."
He smiled at me then kept his eyes on the road.
"Thank you so much for today, I never thought I would ever go back in the sea."
He drove me home and we arranged another evening to meet again.
When I got in mum had made me some dinner and left it in the oven.
I took it out and put it in the microwave for a few minutes.
Before I got into bed I decided to text Shawn.

To Shawn:
I'll give your t shirt back to you on Monday, thank you again for letting me wear it.

From Shawn:
Don't bother you can keep them

To Shawn:
Are you sure?

From Shawn:
100%, you look way hotter in it than I do😏

I smiled to myself and then locked my phone before going to sleep.

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Sorry this chapter took so long to update. To be honest I struggled writing it so I don't think it's that good. But that's just my opinion aha.

Thank you so much for 30k reads, it means so much to me.

Instagram: heartofshawnx