thirteen

Music:
Honey - Kehlani

***

"It's Friday?" He said.
I slapped my head. "Shit! I completely forgot!" we arranged anther math lesson tonight "I'm going-"
He cut me off. "On a double date with Jake, I know."
I paused for a moment. "How do you know?"
"Jake hasn't shut up about it all day."
"I'm so sorry, can we arrange another day?"
He ignored my question. "So what's going on with you and Jake?"
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Well do you like him?" I hate the word like, its so childish.
"I barely know him."
He gave me a judgemental look. "You know him enough to go on a date with him."
I didn't say anything.
"Have you kissed?"
"That's none of your business." I snapped.
"So you have?"
"What's with all the questions?"
He paused for a second avoiding my question and looked straight at my outfit. "Are you wearing that?"
"Yes." I replied.
"Seriously!" He scoffed.
I pulled my eyebrows together. "What's wrong with it?"
"It's a bit-"
"A bit what?" I didn't like where this was going.
"Slutty."
"Excuse me!" I snapped.
"I think you should change, or cover yourself up" He took his jacket off and held it out
"Tie this around your waist."
I pushed it away. "Thanks but I'm wearing this."
He laughed slightly. "You think I'm going to let you go out wearing that?"
I crossed my arms. "Well you're not the boss of me so yes."
He suddenly got defensive. "You know just being the new girl doesn't give you a free pass for being a slut."
"What did you just say?"
He took a step closer to me ."Don't act like you don't know Jazz, I've seen the way you act." He placed his hand on my thighs and began to slide it up my leg. "I bet you can't wait to wrap those skinny legs around Jake."
I quickly slapped his hands away before they could move any closer. "You can't talk! What about you and Lyndsey?"
"That's different."
I raised my voice. "So it's fine for you to hook up with whoever you want but if I do I'm a slut."
"No I-"
Just as he was about to continue Jake and Dan came up behind him. "Shawn, what are you doing here?" Dan asked.
"Just talking to Jazz about some Maths stuff."
Syd came down stairs behind me so I quickly shut the door after her.
Jake placed his hands in his pockets. "You should've told us you were stopping by we could've got a date and you could join us tonight."
I glared straight at Shawn and snapped. "I wouldn't, I don't recommend the company!" I walked away shoving Shawn's shoulder with mine knocking him back a few steps back.
Jake held the door open for me and we all got in the car. Dan drove with Jake in the front seat and me and Syd sat behind. Shawn kept his eyes on me as we drove away.

***

We arrived at the movie theatre and got some snacks. I got some sweet pop corn and picked up a coke. I got my money out to pay the man behind the counter but Jake stopped me. "It's on me"
"That's fine, I can pay for myself."
Before I could even hand the money to the man Jake put his food and drink down next to mine and gave the man his money.
He held my popcorn and coke out for me to take. "I hate you."
"It's my treat."
I smile and then took them off him. "Thank you."
Jake insisted on paying for my ticket as well and we all made our way to screen 11. We sat in our seats and got comfortable.
Dan rested his arms around Syd and then turned to me. "What were you and Shawn talking about before we picked you up? It seemed intense."
"He was just being a dick."
"That sounds like Shawn." Jake said making me chuckle.
While we were waiting for the movie to start me and Jake got to know each other a little more. He was so nice and learning about his family was so interesting. Once the movie started we stopped talking. During the movie Jake didn't try to pull the typical date at the movies move like holding my hand or wrapping his arm around me which was nice. We both enjoyed the movie and I did catch him staring at me a couple of times but that just made me smile. After the movie was over me and Syd went to the bathroom and while she was fixing her makeup I told her about what happened with Shawn earlier.
"I can't believe he said that to you." She said.
"I know, neither can I."
She ran her lipstick across her lips. "Do you think he meant it?"
"I honestly don't know."
There was a pause as she lightly pressed her lips together to spread the lipstick. "What do you think of Jake?"
"He's great and so attractive, but-"
She sighed "But what?"
"I don't feel anything."
She pulled her eyebrows together. "What do you mean?"
"Well aren't you supposed to feel sparks on the first date?"
"Not always, I didn't with Dan, don't forget it's still early, just see how things go." She was right, I've got to give Jake a chance.
We finished up in the bathroom and headed back. On the way back Sid sat in the front with Dan and Jake sat in the back with me.
Jake turned to me. "I had a really great time tonight."
"I did too, thank you again."
As we drove into a road I recognised loud music started playing. The music got louder as we drove closer to one house. I could see people entering and leaving the house with drinks in their hands.
Jake leaned forward. "Looks like Shawn is having a party, do you wanna stop by?" I knew I recognised this road.
Syd immediately looked back at me, I nodded. "Sure." I didn't want to go but I can't be selfish.
We parked the car and Jake held his hand out, I took it in mine and entered Shawn's house. It was packed with people I recognised from school and others I didn't recognise at all.
Syd and Dan immediately went off leaving me and Jake alone. Jake left to get a drink and offered to get me one but I didn't want anything. I slowly walked around trying to find someone I knew.
"How did your date go?" Someone said behind me.
I turned around and saw Shawn.
"It was good, not that it's any of your business." I tried not to give him eye contact.
"I don't really care, I was just being nice."
"Well there was me thinking you were going to apologise for earlier." I gave him a fake smile.
He took a sip of his beer. "I don't need to apologise."
I tutted and just as I was about to walk away Lyndsey came over. She wrapped her arms around Shawn and smacked her lips against his. I rolled my eyes as they sucked each other's faces off, it was quite disgusting.
Jake came up behind me and tapped my shoulder. He took my hand and lead me outside to Shawn's back garden.
We sat down on some chairs and watched the stars. I turned to Jake "I thought Shawn wasn't with Lyndsey anymore?"
"They are on and off, one moment they're together and the next they're just friends with benefits."
Syd and Dan came to join us and we all sat around the fire that was burning. I got chilly so Jake gave me his jacket. Shortly after I got up to go to the bathroom, I turned to the others. "Where's the bathroom?"
Syd took her hand off Dan and pointed to the stairs through the window. "Upstairs to the right."
"Thanks." I walked back into the house and shut the door behind me. I knew that Syd would take this opportunity to question Jake.
I walked through the hallway avoiding bumping into anyone who was drunk.
"Hey gorgeous!" Someone shouted.
I looked around and saw a boy I hadn't seen before leaning against the wall by the stairs.
I gave him a smile and carried on walking.
Before I got to the stairs he grabbed my arm turning me to face him. "Don't ignore me sexy." his grip was tight and his breath stank of alcohol. I pulled my arm out of his grasp and went to carry on walking. After walking up a few steps he pulled me back and shoved me against the wall kissing my neck violently.
I pushed him off me. "Get off me!"
He ignored me and pinned my arms to the wall so I couldn't move leaving wet drunken kisses on my neck. I tried to release my arms but his grip was too strong, he moved his kisses to my mouth but I kept my lips shut giving him no access. I managed to get one arm free so I lifted it up and pushed on his chest once more. "I said get off me!" I could feel his breath on my ear. "Shove me again, I love it when girls get rough."
He wrapped one of his hands tightly around my neck and moved the other up the inner part of my leg, sending shivers down my spine.
I froze and my eyes filled with water as I heard him undo his belt. Suddenly two arms came into my sight and pulled him off me. When his hand was off my neck I looked over and saw Shawn throw one hard punch to the boy's face sending him flying to the ground.
Everyone went silent.

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Holy crap almost 50k reads!!! Thank you so so much for every read, I means so much to me!!!

This chapter was ridiculously hard to write but I finally did it😂

Instagram: heartofshawnx