eight

Music:
Superhero - Lauv

***

Syd invited me to her house before the beach party to get ready with her. I put on an old top and some old leggings. Syd opened the front door and looked me up and down in disgust. "Please tell me you're not wearing that the party."
"You said there's going to be a water fight?"
She ignored me and walked straight to her room so I followed. She got out a white long sleeve cropped wrap top and high waisted denim shorts. "Put these on, you'll look better in these."
I put them on and looked in the mirror.
"These shorts show off half my ass!"
"That's the point!" She raised her eyebrows at me. I pushed them down to cover me up a little more. I turned back around after and Sid walked up beside me. She shoved a small water gun in the side of my bikini top.
"What are you doing!" I took a step back.
"Believe me, you'll need this! These water fights get serious."
Oh god. What have I got myself into?
I paused for a second. "Wait, isn't that cheating? Jake said one gun per person." I'm a person who likes to stick by the rules and technically having another gun shoved up my top is cheating.
"He doesn't have to know." She smirked.
Sid braided sections of my hair and then put it up into a high pony. She put some light makeup on my face and then we finished getting ready and headed out the door.

***

As we were walking I realised that we were heading in the complete opposite direction of the beach. I haven't lived here for long but I know the beach is definitely not this way.
I stopped. "Where are you going?"
"To the party." She said confusing me.
"I know I'm new and all but I'm pretty sure the beach is that way." I pointed to the path that lead to the beach.
"I know that, the water fight is this way." She turned back around and carried on walking.
"If we're not going to the beach where exactly are we going then?"
"You'll see." She turned back around, quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me into the right direction.
We arrived at what looked like an abandoned mall.
"It's here?" I didn't like the look of this place. The sun was shining through all the windows which made it less creepier.
"Yep." Sid said too calmly for my liking.
We found the others and got split into two teams, boys vs girls. Why am I not surprised.
Shawn and Syd stood up and got everyone's attention.
Shawn spoke first. "There will be two bases, the boys base and the girls base, each base will have a flag sticking out of it. The boys base is located on the second floor and the girls base will be on the first floor. The aim of the game is to capture the flag off the base of the opposite team first. If you get shot you are out and have to head to the dead box located in the cafeteria on the ground floor." He pointed to a small area that had been marked with tape.
Sid then spoke. "You must have one member of each team guarding your base at all times, once the winning team has reached the base one person must take the flag with them to the ground floor, find the horn and press it to alert everyone else that the game is over." They then went through the rules and both teams split up.
One by one both Shawn and Sid choose their attackers and defenders.
It wasn't long before Sydpicked me as an attacker. "I'll take Jazz."
Shawn spoke up. "Picking the weak ones so you've got someone to blame when you lose." (DIVERGENT QUOTE GOTTA LOVE SHADY ERIC)
I ignored his snarky comment.
After everyone was in teams we headed to our base and decided on which girl would guard it. Sid volunteered and we all got in place.
I crouched down and waited for the signal to go. My stomach was in knots, this game seemed intense.
We got our signal and soon my adrenaline kicked in. I ran straight to the escalators and crouched behind a plant pot. It was quiet so I looked around to see if it was clear to move on.
I heard a noise behind me and quickly turned around. A boy who I didn't know was behind me, before he could shoot I had already shot a blast of water hitting his chest.
"Sorry." I felt bad.
He signed and headed straight to the dead box, I looked over the banister and already there were 5 people in the dead box.
Jesus this is serious.
I heard footsteps and quickly got back behind another plant pot. Two boys ran past in front of me and knelt down behind a wall. Luckily they didn't see me and were in the perfect place for me to shoot. I aimed my gun at the first boy and shot him. I quickly shot the other boy while he still had he eyes on the opposite direction.
The area was clear so I headed to the entrance of the stairs.
I saw a girl run across the top. She spotted me. I quietly shouted to her. "Where is it?"
"It's up the stairs, take a right then left."
I ran up the stairs. "Look out!" She shouted.
I quickly ducked and luckily a splash of water hit the side of the stairs above me.
I got back up and looked for the shooter. It was Jake. I pushed the bottom of my gun forward and aimed it at his face, I pulled it back and a big splash of water hit him right in the face. I burst into laugher.
"Nice shot." I tuned back around to face the same girl.
"Thanks for warning me."
She smiled but her facial expression soon changed as she was suddenly shot in the back by a boy signalling me to shoot him quick.
I shot his arm as fast as I could
"Shit." He slammed his gun down and stormed off.
I looked around to make sure there were no boys around me and then ran straight to the entrance to of the boys base.
There were two boys guarding to door. I looked around to see if there were any girls but it was empty. Either they are hiding or are all in the dead box.
I poked my heard around the corner and tried to find the best route to sneak up on the two boys but every route I thought of was too easy meaning I would be seen and shot straight away.
My only option is to shoot. Just as I was about to Lyndsey came running up and shot them both.
She turned and gave me the smuggest smile.
I knew it was against the rules to shoot my own team mate but this was the perfect opportunity to get her back. Just as I was about to shoot her a shot hit her from behind me.
I quickly turned around to see Dan standing with his gun pointed at Lyndsey.
Before he could shoot me I shot him in the side. "Damn it Jazz!"
I chuckled. "Looks like you're heading to the dead box."
"Laugh it up now but I'll get you back."
Lyndsey shoved my shoulder as she walled past me knocking me back a few steps.
I rolled my eyes and headed to the entrance of the boys base.
I slowly opened the door and walked inside.
I could see the flag but I couldn't see who was guarding it.
I took a few more steps forward, suddenly I felt a gun touch my back.
"What's up England."
I turned around to face him.
"I've got to be honest I didn't think you'd make it this far." He raised his gun.
"I guess you underestimated me." I raised my gun, two can play at that game.
"I guess so." He quickly turned his head making me think someone else was with us but their was no one there. As my head was turned he knocked my gun out of my hand making it hit the floor.
An idea suddenly popped in my head.
"I've wanted to do something ever since I met you." I kept my eyes on his so he wouldn't get suspicious.
"Oh yeah, what's that then?" He lowered his gun slightly.
I took a step closer to him and placed my hand on his cheek. I leant my head in closer to his and he did the same.
Just as our lips were about to touch I quickly took his gun off him and then stepped back shooting him in the face. "That."
Whilst he was rubbing his eyes I ran and grabbed the flag before sprinting as fast as I could down both flights of stairs and sounded the horn alerting everyone of my victory. Everyone came out from where they were hiding and dead box became empty.
All the girls gathered around me cheering and the boys all sulked.
Sid came running down and hugged me straight away.
Shawn followed behind her with the rest of the boys who hadn't been shot.
"Well played England." He put his hand out and I shook it.
We all headed back to the beach for celebration drinks. Well celebration drinks for the girls anyway.

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Thank you so so so much for 25k views!!! That is amazing!!!

Please vote!!!
And again I apologise for any spelling or grammar mistakes😂

Instagram: heartofshawnx