Chp.1- News

♫ Hating But Loving One Direction [HBL1D]♫
BEWARE: I wrote this book when I was very young therefore the grammar and plot was very messy. I don't want to edit it because I want to hold on to this book and read it in the future to see how much my writing has improved. However, if you enjoy a fun a storyline, keep reading.
✰CHAPTER 1- NEWS ✰

I stared at my nails, bored to death by my one and only real friend Sarah, blabbing about One Direction.

I mean...what's so great about them? What give them permission to barge into my country and steal millions of hearts?

I hated One Direction, I hated their British accents, I hated that curly hair guy, I hated how they can get away with horrible songs because they are good-looking.

There are so many good-looking guys out there, so why does girls get so obsess with One Direction?

I have no idea.

I stared at Sarah, wondering how she could talk so fast without breathing.

"Omygosh, OneDirectionissoooooooocutetheirsongmakesmewanttocrytheythinki'mbeautiful!" She kept on gushing at me.

I didn't want to pay attention to her blabbing about them, so I walk towards the kitchen. She must be too distracted, because she kept on blabbing at the empty seat I just sat at.

I was about to open the fridge when our house phone rang.

Probably my parents, I thought.

My parents own the local bookstore in my time, so they don't make much. But what they make is good enough to keep our stomachs full.

Running to the phone so I could get there in time, I grab the receiver and hit the green answer button.

"Hello?" I chirp into the phone.

"Is this the Stevens residence?" spoke a women, sounding about the middle age range.

"Yes." I answered, wondering what this is about. Probably some commercial again.

"I'm sorry to say this...but your parents...they died due to a car accident."

Silence.

I didn't what to feel. What to say. I was numb. All hope and happiness drain out of me in a matter of seconds.

My parents...are gone?

A tear escape my eyes, another one, and another one.

My lovely parents that are sometimes too protective but still loving...are dead?

"Annabelle?" Sarah's worried voice said.

But I didn't answer her, I was too numb to speak.

"Are you okay?" Sarah's footsteps came nearer.

"Miss Stevens?" the women, who I guess was a nurse, questioned.

"Ye-ah." I stutter into the phone, wanting to hang up on her for bringing the bad news.

"Once again, I'm sorry, I can't do anything about it." The nurse pitied.

I was going to yell at her, saying I didn't need pity, instead, I needed my parents.

But I didn't get to because Sarah yanked the phone out of my hand and talked to the phone.

I guess she heard what had happen, because all she did was run up to me, and hugged me tightly.

Sarah was my best friend, she was the only person who knew me better than my parents, and she understood that I wanted no pity, only my parents.

And I'm glad for that.