Bucky Barnes ... Infinity War Part 1

... Part One ...
Your heart felt like it had stopped, slowly sinking into the pit of your stomach. You pressed the 'off' button on the TV remote and trudged over to the window. You peered your head out of the room, looking towards the sky. As of yet, there was no sign of extra-terrestrial life, no sign of Thanos. You picked up the pace and walked towards your dressing room when your Kimoyo beads trilled.

"(Y/N), have you heard?" Shuri asked immediately as you answered.

"About Thanos? Yeah. I have," you replied with a sigh.

"James is ready. He wants you to come and see him."

"Alright. Thank you. I'll be ready in a few minutes."

"No problem," Shuri responded, "Okoye will be around to collect you soon."

"Thanks Shuri," you smiled half-heartedly at your friend.

Noticing your distress, Shuri spoke, "Don't worry too much about it. There is nothing you can do."

"If I had a suit there'd be something I could do," you said bitterly at a subject that had long been a topic of disagreement.

"You know I can't do that. The suits are only made for the Black Panther. It is our tradition. We cannot change that," Shuri argued her regular points.

"Not even to save the world?"

"Sorry, (Y/N), I just can't," with that, Shuri turned off her Kimoyo beads, ending the 'call'.

Letting out a long, heavy sigh, you continued into the room, taking your favourite long-sleeved, high-neck shirt and black jeans before brushing your hair and simply leaving it out. Bucky liked it most that way. Moments later, you heard a knock at the door. Okoye was here to escort you to the palace.

You pushed open your front door, and were suddenly pushed back inside. A familiar mop of brown hair caught your eye, and before you could say anything, his lips collided with yours. Bucky cradled the back of your head with his metal hand, while the other caressed your cheek. You had one hand on his lower back and the other up near his shoulder, holding him close as you kissed. The two of you stumbled back through your apartment until your back was met with a wall. Finally, he pulled away, out of breath and with a massive smile on his face.

"God, I'd been waiting too long to do that," Bucky started, tucking your hair behind your ear

You were speechless, an equally large smile on your face. You felt giddy, like you'd never been kissed before.

"Bucky..." you breathed, "Where's Okoye?"

"She's not here, honey," he smirked, "I wanted to surprise you."

"You certainly did a good job of that."

"I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you more, Buck."

Suddenly, his ear-to-ear grin began to fade, the light in his eyes began to dim. You knew why. You felt it too.

"I don't want this to be the last time I ever get to kiss you," Bucky's voice was soft, and a bit strained as he ran his flesh hand through your hair.

"It won't be," your smile died too.

"I can't live without you," his eyes began to water, no tears falling yet, "You were the first thing I saw after coming out of cryo. You made me a good man."

"I need you too. And I really wish I could just help everyone out on the field. If Shuri would just give me one of the suits..."

"I don't understand why she doesn't. Before, maybe. But now? The fate of the world rests on our shoulders. We need all the help we can get. I know how protective those suits are. I'd trust them with you, and if anything got out of hand, I'd make sure you were safe first before doing anything else. What harm is done by having someone else in those suits? You're not Killmonger," Bucky defended.

"I can't do anything. I'll just forget about it," your eyes met Bucky's blue ones, sending a rush through your veins. You knew that look. He was up to something. You then reached out your hand to grab his left one.

"I like the new arm."

[contains infinity war spoilers in case you're one of the few people left who haven't seen the movie]Hiiiii! Yes

Hiiiii! Yes. It is I, Dreams_07. I am alive. I have missed writing so much over the last year, and I just suddenly jumped back and wrote this. I hope it slightly makes up for the long hiatus I seem to have taken. I really feel like my writing has improved.
On another note, Infinity War was hectic. After waiting for so long, I never expected BOTH of my favourites to die. I was extremely sad for about two weeks, and I still am. It is a very good movie though, not gonna lie.
So, thank you for reading my books even though I haven't updated in what seems like forever.
Please let me know your thoughts on this chapter!

Yours truly,
Dreams.