Bucky Barnes- Roadtrip

For lazyoverachiever 's contest

You yawned as you threw your backpack into the boot of Steve's new car before hesitantly making your way to the back seat

You yawned as you threw your backpack into the boot of Steve's new car before hesitantly making your way to the back seat. The interior was clean and fresh, and the smell of new car made you feel sick before the car even started.

Steve turned around and looked you in the eye, "Are you absolutely sure you'll be fine back there? I know you get sick..."

"For the last time," you chuckled, "I'll be fine. I've got my travel bands on. I'm just tired. I don't usually wake up at such an ungodly hour."

"3 am isn't that bad, you know. You're lucky I trust your judgement," Steve smiled before turning the key and starting car on its way to Florida. Tony had given the four of you a week's vacation, and Steve decided to go to Florida. The seventeen-hour drive didn't put him off at all.

"Why couldn't we have just taken a plane?" Sam whined.

"Do you even need me to answer that?" Steve said as he turned to look at Bucky, who was conveniently sat beside you, "There's no way we'd be able to get that arm through customs... Let alone the rest of him."

You had a crush on Bucky for a while now, and you thought this road trip would be the perfect opportunity to spend time with him, whether he felt the same for you or not. Everyone had already figured out that you had feelings for Barnes, except the man himself, thankfully; you couldn't handle the embarrassment and disappointment of him not reciprocating your feelings.

As you entered the outskirts of the city, everyone began to relax. You had wanted to go to Florida since you were a kid, and now that you had the chance, you couldn't wait to get there. You just never thought you'd be driving seventeen hours to get there.

For a while, everyone was quiet thanks to waking up so early, until you reached the highway. As Steve adjusted his mirror, he noticed you yawning.

"Tired?" He asked.

You yawned, "What do you think?"

"It's still dark. Get some rest."

"I'll be fine," you lied, rubbing your tired eyes, "Maybe later."

After an hour of driving, Sam finally got off his phone, and Bucky stopped staring out the window in pure boredom. You had begun to get more tired, and decided to tilt your chair back.

"Hey, Bucky?" You asked, "Can you please give me my pillow? Thanks."

Shoving your pillow under your head, you turned on your side and closed your eyes, falling asleep shortly after.