Loki ✰ More (Part 1)

A/N: I think I'm addicted to gifs (especially this one).

You strode towards the common room in the Avengers tower, making a beeline for the superheroes you had come to know as friends

"Morning, (Y/N)," Steve smiled as you plonked yourself down beside him on the couch.

"Hey, Rogers," you returned with equal enthusiasm, "What did you guys call me here for? I heard something about a special assignment?"

"Um, yeah," Tony started, walking towards you with a mug of coffee in hand, "We've got someone staying here, and we'd like it if you could get them to do something."

"Who and what now?"

Thor took his place beside Tony, placing Mjolnir gently on the coffee table, "My brother has been sentenced to stay on Midgard until he repents his sins against the realm. It would be preferable if he was to speak with someone who he has not met before, and it would help if you could convince him to change his ways."

"You want me to talk to your crazy brother? In case you've forgotten, he kind of destroyed New York."

"I understand your concerns, lady (Y/N), but upon his banishment to Midgard, Loki was relieved of his powers. If he attempts to harm you, we will see to him immediately," the Norse god stated, some relief washing over you.

You sighed, "Alright. If I must."

"Thank you, lady (Y/N). I hope Loki comes to his senses." Soon, you were escorted to Loki's cell by Thor and Tony, and when your eyes found the god of mischief, you couldn't take them off him. He was incredibly tall and slender, his raven hair sitting nicely above his shoulders as he walked towards the glass wall. You gulped when he stopped in front of you, his height becoming even more apparent. He tilted his head slightly, intrigued by the girl he had never met before. He thought you seemed different from the other Avengers, more innocent.

"Good morning, brother," Thor greeted, "This is lady (Y/N) and she will be here to talk with you every day."

"Hello, Loki. It's nice to meet you," you grinned enthusiastically, giving him a small wave.

"Greetings, (Y/N)," Loki replied, a small smile curling his thin lips.

"Remember," Tony said, pointing to the control console a few metres from Loki's cell, "If Reindeer Games gets any bad ideas, just press the button."

"Will do," you chuckled as Tony and Thor left. When Thor exited the room, you could see Loki's emerald eyes following Thor's figure until he was out of sight.

"You love Thor, don't you?" You said, realising that the boy that was Thor's brother many moons ago longed for his brother's approval and affection. Your concerns about him began to falter as you saw the longing look in his eyes.

Loki paused to look at you, his face softening as he saw the sincere look on your face, "Of course I do. I just don't think he cares as much about me as he once did. I had to get out of his shadow."

You were surprised that Loki had already begun opening up to you. He thought you seemed trustworthy, "I'm sure he does care about you, Loki. He's your brothe-"

"He is not my brother," Loki interrupted, a harsh tone lacing his words, "He never was."

"Yes he is. You may not be biological brothers, but what you grew up with, nothing can change that. There's a bond between the two of you that I know you want to mend, but without feeling remorse for the crimes you've committed against Earth, I don't know if that can happen."

"Why should I feel remorse for what I did? I was merely trying to make truth of the lie that I had been fed my whole life; that I was born to be a king."

"Being king isn't everything," you said, looking up into Loki's eyes, "There's more to life than that."

Loki scoffed, "Such as?"

"I don't know. There's friendship, family, love-"

"Love?" Loki interrupted once more, his eyes boring into yours with an emotion you couldn't quite pinpoint, "What kind of idiot would love me after what I've done?"

You didn't know how to respond, so you paused for a moment, "It's not that hard to fall in love."

Loki sneered, "I don't believe you."

****

Finally! Last time I wrote Loki was the day before my birthday 😅 I think. I'm surprised I didn't write about him after I met Tom Hiddleston. Oh well.