Loki - The Endgame (Part I)

Author's Note

Yes, that's right. I'm still alive and still obsessed with Loki and Bucky Barnes after all these years. What's it been now? 6 years? I feel so old. To those of you who've had this book in your library for years, welcome back! I hope this is the update you've been waiting for, and to the newcomers? It's great to have you reading my book so many years after I started writing it. I love having you all around to read what my mind has sent my fingers to create. Today I was looking through the files on my computer and found one with a plan for this particular imagine, and this is only the first part. I hope you enjoy! Please leave some comments for me to read, I love to see you interacting with my creations so much. Also leave some comments on what you think of the Falcon and the Winter Soldier series so far and if you're excited for the Loki one!

With love,

Dreams_07.

Part I – Odin's Chambers

The pillars that kept the palace standing were always something that you'd been in awe of

The pillars that kept the palace standing were always something that you'd been in awe of. The intricate details that were etched into the gold, making them into colossal pieces of art... their sheer size always intimidating you as you walked throughout the palace, tending to your duties as a servant. This week, your assigned tasks were to clean the garments worn by the occupants of the palace, including Odin himself. You were rarely involved with the King of Asgard. As the palace was so large, when you weren't placed on garment duty, you never came into contact with Odin. This was only the third time you'd ever been placed on garment duty, and the two previous times were when you were merely a child, following in the shadow of your mother as a pair of extra hands. At the age of twenty-two, the palace staff had begun to place more trust in your ability to carry out your duties properly. That, and the fact that since Thor had left, more and more servants were resigning from the palace to do other jobs around Asgard. Odin was not a favourite among the lower end of Asgard. He has never been known for his charity or assistance to those who aren't so well off. He often ignored the working class of his realm, earning him a number of enemies among those living under his rule. Your mother had died a few years ago, leaving the biggest gaping hole in your heart, and your father had moved away to work after that. He didn't want to leave you, but you insisted on staying at the palace and carrying on working where your mother had spent her days earning a living. Your father just couldn't stay in the middle of Asgard anymore. It was too painful without your mother, but he knew you could look after yourself. You didn't mind working at the palace much either, all you had to do was clean things. The heavy labour was always left to the men. Asgard was traditional in its ways and so traditional gender roles had remained within the workforce in the palace for generations. You weren't complaining. You got paid a decent wage for doing almost nothing that required you to sweat.

You walked through the corridors to find Odin's sleeping chambers. Once you came to the huge golden door that seemed to look down upon you, you knocked. When there was no response, you knocked again and asked if it was ok for you to go in. When there was no response, you opened the door, assuming Odin had gone out to do whatever a king does for the day. Upon walking in, you took in the various décor that was carefully arranged around the room. If you didn't know a king lived here, you could easily guess. Your eyes scanned the room for clothes. You had been trained to retrieve clothing for the wash only if it was placed on the floor of the bathroom. You walked past the luxurious bed and made your way towards the bathroom. Black tiles with gold accents signalled you had found what you were looking for. You found a pile of clothes on the floor and loaded them into your basket quietly. You then turned to make your way back out when you noticed a figure standing in front of the mirror. It was Odin. You tried your best not to make any noise as you picked up your basket, not realising Odin had been in his chambers all along. Interrupting the king in his chambers was an offence punishable by instant employment termination if he decided that you hadn't made enough of an effort to make yourself heard before entering the room, or if he decided he just didn't like you. Naturally, you began to panic.