Bucky Barnes - Safe House • Pt 3

*Civil War spoilers*
Civil War occurred after part two of this imagine. This focuses on the mid-credits scene.

"Have you heard from them yet?" You asked for the thousandth time, your patience long gone.

"(Y/N), did I not tell you that I would inform you if I heard from the Captain?" T'Challa, otherwise known as Black Panther, answered.

"What if they're in trouble? What if Bucky's hurt?"

"(Y/N)," T'Challa placed a comforting hand on your shoulder, "They're more than capable of getting here in one piece."

"Are you sure you gave them the right coordinates? This place isn't exactly easy to find."

T'Challa sighed, "You worry too much."

"And for good reason. What if HYDRA captured them, or what if-"

"Hello? Anyone there?" The receiver on T'Challa's control panel sounded. You recognised the voice immediately; Steve. Over the past few weeks, The Avengers had split. Tony had learned the untimely fate of his parents had come at the hands of Bucky, who had been controlled by HYDRA at the time. Steve did everything in his power to protect himself and Bucky from Tony's vengeful acts, and now they were on their way to safety. T'Challa, realising that Bucky was just as much a victim of war as his father was, had offered a safe house for the star spangled man and his best friend. Immediately, knowing you and Bucky were close, T'Challa called you to meet him at his home in Wakanda. Now, you were waiting for Bucky and Steve to get here unharmed.

T'Challa bent over to reach the receiver and pressed the 'talk' button.

"(Y/N) is here with me. We are waiting."

The line went silent. You rushed over beside T'Challa.

"Guys, are you okay?" You panicked, speaking into the microphone,

"Yeah, we're fine," you swore you could hear a quiet laugh on the other end, "Bucky kinda freaked out when T'Challa mentioned your name."

You couldn't help but smile.

"Don't worry. He's not the only one. Ever since you mentioned Bucky, (Y/N) hasn't stopped smiling."

"T'Challa!" You freaked out, covering the microphone before he could say anything else embarrassing.

"Moving on," you started, chuckling nervously, "Where are you guys?"

"We just reached Wakanda. Not much longer until we get there."

Smiling, you replied, "That's great news. Can you tell Bucky I said 'hi' and that I can't wait to see him again?"

"He's smiling like an idiot now. Thanks for that. Now I have to deal with a hopelessly-in-love, former assassin with more than just a few wounds to his face."

"What!?" You panicked, "Is he okay?"

"Listen, we gotta stay focused now. I can't take my hands off the controls right now. We'll see you in a bit."

The line cut off.

"Thanks Steve. Dramatic, as usual."

Fifteen minutes later, the Quinjet had landed safely at T'Challa's residence. Steve and Bucky walked in side by side, medical experts sent to their sides immediately.

When you saw Bucky, your jaw dropped.

"Oh my god! Bucky!" You rushed over to him and hugged him. Bucky gratefully returned the gesture. You then stood back and took a look at his left side. It was gone. His metal arm was gone.

"It doesn't hurt, don't worry," he smiled as he got cleaned up by a nurse. Soon after, some technicians started working on removing the sharp edges of where his arm was detached.

Steve looked in your direction and gave you a reassuring smile. He knew how much you cared for Bucky.

After a couple of days, Bucky and Steve's wounds had all but cleared up. You joined them and T'Challa as Bucky prepared to go back into Cryo-freeze. You had pleaded with him to change his mind, but he was set on keeping everyone as safe as possible from any remnants of the Winter Soldier.

"Are you sure about this?" Steve asked for the last time.

"I can't trust my own mind. So until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head, I think going back under is the best thing," Bucky looked over at you, "For everybody."

You walked over and gave him one last hug as he kissed your forehead. Then, you watched him settle into place. He shot you one last smile before he closed his eyes. The tube was then sealed and cold air filled the chamber. That was it. You never knew when Bucky would be unfrozen, but you always held the hope it would be sooner rather than later. 

"You know," Steve began, "If they find out he's here, they'll come for him

"You know," Steve began, "If they find out he's here, they'll come for him."

T'Challa smirked, "Let them try."

***

The mid-credits scene made me cry, and so did the very beginning of the movie with Bucky being controlled.
I really hope that Tom Hiddleston's Loki will be in Avengers: Infinity War because I'd love for Loki and Bucky to meet. Mainly because they're my two favourite characters.
Thanks for reading! Don't be scared to drop a comment in the comments section!

~Dreams