Loki ✰ More (Part 2)

Wow. I just love this gif.

Within four months after you were assigned to speak to Loki to try to convince him to leave his malicious ways behind, you felt it safe to say that it was going well

Within four months after you were assigned to speak to Loki to try to convince him to leave his malicious ways behind, you felt it safe to say that it was going well. You both seemed a lot happier, except for the fact that you had never seen Loki outside of his cell.
Today was another typical day in your life with newfound friend, Loki. You sat back to back against the glass wall of the makeshift prison as Loki calmly recounted another childhood story of his. You always listened intently to his soothing voice, the sound of it enough to send chills down your spine.

"So," you started, turning around to face Loki, your legs still crisscrossed on the floor, "Tell me, Loke. When's your birthday? After all this time, you still haven't told me."

"No," Loki replied teasingly, flipping his head dramatically to the side, "Never."

"Why not?" You whined, "If you don't tell me, I'll just force Thor to tell me."

Loki laughed, "Do you really think that big oaf would remember something as insignificant as my date of birth?"

"Insignificant?" You protested, "Your birthday is not insignificant."

"Then why have the people I've grown up with always forgotten it?"

"Loki, let me tell you something. When I was at school, no one ever remembered my birthday unless I counted down the days for them. Some people just don't care, but I guarantee you that if you tell me, I'll have it imprinted in my head for the rest of my life," you smiled, looking into Loki's emerald eyes, wishing the glass obstruction between you no longer existed.

Loki sighed, "It may or may not be... Today."

"What!?"

"It's not the latter."

"You're not playing me are you?" You questioned, just to make sure the God of mischief wasn't living up to his name at this point in time, but when you saw the sincere look plastered on his face, you knew he wasn't joking.

"I didn't want to tell you. I wanted today to be like every other day."

"Well, it will be!" You beamed, standing up as a smile etched itself across your lips, "But a little better."

"Where are you going?" Loki asked, mirroring your movements.

"Happy birthday."

With that, you ran across the room, swiftly punching a code into the door before rushing out. Loki was utterly confused as to what you were going to do, so he just stood at the edge of the cell, peering out and awaiting your return. Within moments, you rushed back in, Tony at your side.

"Are you sure he's not going to try and take over New York again?" Tony asked, half-jokingly as he waltzed over to the control panel and typed in a sequence of numbers.

"I'm positive," you grinned, turning to look at Loki with a gleaming smile tugging at your lips. You were met by Loki's confused expression, an eyebrow raised whilst a concerned hand ran through his hair.

"(Y/N)," Tony barked suddenly, bringing you back to reality, "When you're ready, just press this button."

"Thank you," with that, Tony exited the room, leaving you and Loki alone once again.

"What is happening?" Loki inquired upon seeing your elated state, "Should I be worried?"

Without hesitation, you pushed the button, watching as the door to Loki's cell opened, leaving the Norse god speechless.

"What's happening?" Loki repeated, a smile threatening to coat his thin lips.

You looked over at Loki as he stood at the entrance to the cell, his features visibly clearer without the glass obstructing him. Without further hesitation you ran over to him, almost knocking the god over as you embraced him tightly. When Loki realised what was happening, he proceeded to wrap his arms around your body, taking in the warmth he had wished to feel for the past four months.

"Happy birthday," you smiled, still holding Loki close.

"T-thank you," he stuttered, taking your hands in his before pulling away, "This is..."

"It's pretty cool, huh?" You beamed, an intoxicatingly contagious smile curling your lips.

"This is exactly what I've wanted since... Well, definitely a long while ago."

"I'm glad you're happ-"

Loki interrupted you in the best way possible. When you realised he had pressed his lips to yours in a sweet kiss, you had no other intentions but to kiss back, your feelings for the god finally bubbling to the surface. Loki's hands held you by your waist, while your fingers tangled in his long, raven hair. When oxygen became scarce, you pulled away, Loki resting his forehead against yours.

"You were right," Loki breathed, looking deep into your (y/e/c) eyes.

"About what?"

"It really isn't that hard to fall in love," he grinned, "Especially with someone like you."

Taken aback by the god's words, there were only three words that wanted to spill from your mouth, "Told you so," you giggled, "I love you too."

Loki moved back so that he could get a better look at you, "You're even more beautiful up close, darling."

"You're a whole lot taller when you're this close," you admitted.

"Thank you," Loki simpered, grabbing your hand and lifting it to gently kiss your knuckles.

"For what?" Your cheeks burned red.

"For showing me that there is nothing in all the nine realms that I want more than to be with you."

****

A/N:
Fluffffffffffffff. Don't you just love fluff?
I love fluff.
Yes I know it was a little similar to my first Loki imagine, but I think it was much better written and definitely cuter.
I've also got a pretty good idea for a Bucky imagine, and it's currently in the works. Hopefully it turns out like it did in my head...