Steve Rogers - Sass

You'd just come in to work for the day at the new Avengers facility and Steve and Tony were already arguing amongst themselves.

"Enough with the stories. I don't care about the time you and Binky found the world's biggest pine cone ever," Tony rolled his eyes.

"First of all, his name's Bucky, not Binky. And second, it wasn't a pine cone, it was a pine nut, and it was huge, even bigger than your fat head," Steve sassed as he walked towards you. Behind him, you could see Tony rolling his eyes and making a "crazy" sign by circling his finger beside his ear.

"You miss him, don't you?" You hugged Steve. You knew how much Bucky meant to him, and what a sensitive subject he is for Steve. You could feel him nodding his head when he put his chin on your head as you continued hugging.

As you pulled apart, you had to lighten the mood. "You're sure getting the hand of this 'sass' thing, aren't you Cap?"

"You really think so? I've been practising, actually."

"Oh my gosh!" You threw your head back and laughed, "You practice sassing people? Did you even know what sass was before you joined these punks?"

Steve paused for a moment, remembering the names he and Bucky used to call each other.

"I guess I learnt from the best in the business."

*****

This was inspired from a scene from Brother Bear. And oh my gosh did anyone else watch Chris Evans and Elizabeth Olsen on Ellen? It was absolutely hilarious, and the story about why Chris adopted his new, adorable dog, Dodger, was so cute and sad.
Thanks for reading!

~Dreams