Bucky Barnes - Trust

"Buck," you smiled, embracing Bucky in a hug, "We'll be fine

"Buck," you smiled, embracing Bucky in a hug, "We'll be fine."

"You know I trust you, but I can't stand the thought of you getting hurt because someone was trying to get to me," Bucky said as he broke away from the hug. You and Bucky had gone out to dinner for the first time in a while, and you were both about to take a seat overlooking the city. This skyscraper was right in the middle of the city, and you could see all the lights shining breathtakingly during the night.

You and Bucky skimmed through the menus, eventually ordering something. Little did either of you know that there was a man, clad in black, watching you and Bucky as you ate. You noticed, and turned to look at him. By the time you saw him, he'd averted his gaze. You looked at his shirt and noticed a tiny, little pin on the collar of his shirt. You recognised the symbol immediately. The red tentacles and skull had been in many of Bucky's nightmares as he struggled to forget the horrors he had seen as the assassin HYDRA forced him to become. Because of this, you decided not to say anything. Maybe he wasn't even looking at Bucky— I mean, there was a table of middle-aged women situated behind you, and for all you knew, he could've just been casually sneaking a glance at them.

You then quickly shuffled off to the bathroom, and emerged to see a panicked Bucky. His eyes had lost their colour, as did his face. You could see that people around you were scrambling to their feet, and you looked for the man. There was a black device situated underneath the table he was at. Staff members gathered diners and ushered them out through the exits. You and Bucky were on the other side of the restaurant, and you knew you wouldn't make it in time if you tried.

From behind, Bucky was grabbed by a man who seemed familiar to you. As you looked at his shirt, you saw the same pin stuck into his collar. Your worst fear had been true all along; the man was working for HYDRA. Without hesitation, you lifted your leg and kicked the man between his legs, watching as he fell to the ground. Bucky smiled as he saw the pride on your face, but it then disappeared as he turned around. He knew that bomb was going to go off any second now.

He grabbed both your arms, "(Y/N), can you do me one favour and trust me?"

You raised an eyebrow as he hugged you close to him, "What are we doing?"

"We're gonna jump."

"Are you crazy!?"

"Just trust me, (Y/N)!" Bucky pleaded. You realised he wasn't joking as he pulled you even closer to place a kiss on your forehead. Before you knew what was happening, he'd leapt through the window, shattering into millions of shards of glass. You screamed, but Bucky only held onto you tighter. There was no way he was going to let you go.

Suddenly, the building you'd just left behind exploded into flames as the bomb went off. After what felt like forever, you'd landed roughly on the ground. Before you had time to compose yourself, Bucky pulled you to your feet, keeping your hand in his.

"We have to run," he said, barely out of breath, "If there was one HYDRA agent up there, I'm certain there are more waiting out here."

You immediately did as he said, running like your lives depended on it. Before long, there were people chasing after you, guns in hand; HYDRA. You ran for longer than you usually could, and were beginning to struggle. Gunfire rang out all over the city.

Bucky noticed that you were tiring, and held onto your hand tighter, "I won't let anything happen to you."

"I know. I trust you," you yelled, making sure he could hear you over all the noise. His attention remained on getting to safety, but as you looked at him, you could see a small smile on his face. You continued running for a while until you realised the HYDRA agents were no longer on your tail.

"We won't be on our own for too long. I bet they're on their way right now," Bucky stated, looking around the corner of the alleyway you'd taken refuge in. After getting some of your breath back from all of that running, you and Bucky climbed over the fence at the back of the alley, and reached the adjacent road.

"How are we going to get to Steve's apartment?" You asked, still a bit out of breath, "We can't just walk all the way back."

Suddenly, a car pulled up in front of you. Bucky's first reaction was to jump in front of you and protect you at all costs. The window rolled down, revealing a figure.

"(Y/N)? Buck?" Steve Rogers was beyond confused as to why you were out in the streets instead of the restaurant you told him you were going to. Not knowing the extent of the situation that had just occurred, Steve gestured for the two of you to get in the car, "Tell me when we get home."

Bucky gave a lopsided grin to his long-time friend, and sighed in relief, "We were just talking about you. You have no idea how relieved we are to see you right now."

Bucky looked over at you with a smile and took your hand in his flesh one. You both got into the back of the car, and could finally relax once you felt the air conditioner on your face. Bucky's hand was still in yours as the car sped off. You could see Steve looking at the two of you from the front mirror, smiling.

You then came to full realisation what Bucky had just done. You looked over at him, the colour in his eyes and face had returned as he too, looked at you. You gave his hand a squeeze as you spoke.

"You saved my life."

*****

1. The gif above is what I imagine Bucky's hair would look like in this imagine.
2. This was inspired by a strange dream I had where there was an explosion and I jumped off a tall building to save myself.
3. Did you like this imagine?

~Dreams