Chapter 25

No no no no no no no no no. Really. Does God hate me this much?

"What the hell are you doing here!" I yelled at him. "You knew I was coming here, I fucking told you!"

"Yeah, I knew you were coming to California, I didn't know you were going to REHAB!" He yelled back at me.

"You're such a dick, you lied to me, and now I have to spend the next two months with you. I can't believe I ever liked you." I replied viciously.

"Calm yourself, drama queen. We dated for like a month. It was nothing." He said. I guess he wasn't sugar coating anything.

"Jasmine!" Sam came running down the hallway. I rolled my eyes, I didn't want to deal with him right now.

"I can't deal with you right now, Sam." I spat at him. He looked confused, but not because of me. He was staring the guy who stood beside me.

"Parker, what the hell are you doing here?" He asked. Oh my god, if they are related, I seriously might die.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked in return. I sat there in between them awkwardly.

"I work here, dumbass." He yelled.

"Well, I'm a patient here." He yelled back.

"Wait, both of you shut up, and tell me how you two know each other?" I asked.

"He's my brother." Sam looked at me with a sympathetic look.

Yup, I'm dead.

~

"Your half brother?" I questioned Sam in his office.

"Yup. And look, I'm sorry about what happened earlier." Sam said. I honestly didn't care about that at the moment.

"Yeah, I don't care. I need to go. There's other stuff I need to talk to you about later." I wheeled out of his office, feeling guilty. Why do I always feel guilty even though I shouldn't?

I wheeled into my room and there was a note sitting on my bed. I picked it up and it read: 'backyard at 9:30'. The signature was Sam's, so I was just gonna go anyways.

At 9:30, I snuck out of my room. For some reason, they didn't have alarms or didn't lock the doors, so anyone could walk out at anytime. It's something about 'trusting' us. Obviously we were here for a reason, why did they trust us demented people?

I wheeled out into the backyard, which was the beach. It was kind of hard to get around on the sand, but I eventually got to the boy sitting on the sand.

"I'm glad you came." He smirked.

"Fuck you." I said back. I began to wheel back to the house.

"I just want to talk to you." Parker admitted. I stopped, sighed and sat on the ground.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked bitterly, not even looking at him. I could tell he was looking at me though, it felt weird, like he was watching my every move.

"I'm sorry. Okay? About everything. the whole thing with Talia and my dad and I'm just really really sorry." He blurted. It caught me by surprise that he was apologizing, and by the tone of his voice he genuinely meant it.

"How do I know your not going to hurt me again?" I asked. I was so sick and tired of getting hurt.

"Honestly. I don't know if I am or not."

I wasn't surprised by his response, because I knew exactly what he meant.

I changed the subject."Why are you in here?" I asked, and this time, I looked at him, and he looked back at me.

"Drugs." Parker shook his head. "God, I fucking hate myself. I can't believe I let it get that far." His voice sounded strained, like he was holding back the tears.

"Parker, it's okay. Everyone slips through the cracks." I scooted closer to him so our legs were touching.

"No, Jasmine, you don't understand. I'm sick." Parker's tears fell. I felt a pit begin to form in my stomach.

"Wha-what do you mean your, sick?" I asked, shaking my head. Tears began to build up in my eyes. I already new what he meant.

"I had an overdose two weeks ago," I closed my eyes, and the tears fell.

"and they ran tests and they said I have, oh my god, they said I have a rare blood cancer. They said they don't know what's going to happen to me." Parker said.

I grabbed his hand, and he laid his head on my shoulder. "I might die." Parker was sobbing, which made me cry.

"I love you." I said. Hearing Parker apologize and tell me everything just made me think. I had all these feelings in the back of my mind and I pushed them away. I still liked Parker. In fact, I loved him.

Parker lifted his head off my shoulder.

"What?" He mumbled.

That's when I connected my lips with his, and he kissed me back. It felt real, more real than any of the other times we kissed. This one meant something.

I pulled apart and said,

"I love you, and everything is going to be okay."

But honestly, I didn't know if everything was going to be okay.

All I can do is hope.

A/N

OMG 1.6K READS?!?!? You guys are amazing! That's probably not that big of a number, but it is to me. Thank you(: and I really loved writing this chapter. Like, Comment, and vote please! Oh and I'm thinking about starting a new story soon, would you guys read it if I put it up? Anyways, ily bye.