Chapter 13 - FLASHBACK

A/N

Obviously by the name of this chapter this is going to be a flashback chapter. The flashback is going to be in Jasmines POV. It's set on the day before the car accident. I'm doing this so you can understand the character better, and I'll probably do one for Parker in the future. (If anyone even reads my story lol) hope you enjoy!

"Mom! Come down here!" I yelled toward the stairs. No answer. "Mom!"

Again, no answer. I stomped up the stairs as usual, and found my mother passed out in a nasty recliner. Her pants were off, and the window was wide open. On the chest near her bed, I saw a plastic bag with cocaine in it. Next to it, I saw a lit blunt. I sighed, "Classy, mom." I smoked the rest of the blunt like it was nothing, and stomped it out on the carpet. "Mom, get up. Dinner's ready." I kicked her slightly, and she groaned. "Be a doll and bring it up for me?" She giggled, and I giggled too. Even though my mom was high, she was happy. I like her better this way, happy and loving, more than when she was drunk, mean and abusive. "Alright, get out of those nasty ass clothes and maybe I will." I helped her up and she sat on her bed. "Change." I ordered. "I'm going to check on Josh."

I walked down the hallway and into Josh and I's room. He was sound asleep, so I decided not to wake him. I ran down the stairs and into our run-down kitchen. I fixed my mom a plate and went back up the stairs. "Here." I said as I walked in, and she was sitting on her bed. "That was the last of the groceries. Take me tomorrow?" I asked, knowing she would forget about this conversation tomorrow. "I-uh-ssssss- I don't have a wheel ssssss-thingy. But okay." She held her thumb up, and collapsed onto the bed. I giggled and walked out. I decided to go for a run. I pulled on my tennis shoes and slipped out the door. Halfway down the street, I saw a blonde boy, about my age, sitting on the curb. He was wearing baggy sweats and a tight green top. He was holding a blunt. The strange boy motioned me over to him, and I sat down. "Can I have some?" I asked. This was enough for one day, I had already had some earlier. He handed the small white roll and I puffed it.

"Name?" I asked, staring in front of me.

"Parker. Yours?" He asked, staring in front of him.

"Jasmine." I stated.

"Your the girl with the fucked up mom?" He glanced at me.

I giggled, "Sure. You wouldn't understand, so I'm not even going to try to explain."

"Go ahead, I have time." Parker stomped out the blunt, and faced me head on.

"My dad left when I was two, I haven't heard from him in 10 years. My brother was born when I was 10. I really don't know how he stayed alive, with my mom drinking and doing drugs. So with a newborn kid, a fucked up mom, no dad, you have to grow up fast."

"What does growing up consist of?" He asked, fiddling with his fingers.

"It consists of being an adult, even when you haven't even had your first kiss yet." I snapped.

"You haven't even had your first kiss yet?" Parker giggled, shaking his head.

"Dude, no. I'm 12 and smoke pot. I haven't." I squinted my eyes at him, like he was an idiot.

"I doubt you have had yours." I rolled my eyes at him, begging to get annoyed with the kid.

"I have, because I'm 13, and I smoke cigarettes." Parker joked.

"Oh, really? What is that?" I said pointing to the smashed blunt on the ground. We laughed, and then he stared at me for a while.

"What?" I groaned. "I need to go." I stood up and began to walk away.

"Wait!" Parker ran beside me.

"So you haven't had your first kiss yet?" Parker asked. He was about 4 inches taller than me.

"No, I haven't. Why does it matter?" I asked, shaking my head at him.

"Because your about too. Your an adult now, right?" Parker leaned in, and touched his lips to mine. At first, he pulled away quickly, like if he didn't know if I liked it or not. For a split second, I stared at him, and leaned in for more. He acted like he knew what he was doing, so I let him take the lead. We just sat there for a few minutes. I pulled away, and stared at him. "That was some first kiss." I started to run the opposite way, and I plastered a smile as big as Texas over my face. That kid was something.

A/N

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT