Chapter 18

I sighed deeply. I knew in my subconscious that this was a set up.

"I knew it." I mumbled, turning my head away from her.

"You knew? You knew what?" Talia questioned. I didn't respond, I just sat there, shaking my head.

"You knew what?" Talia gripped my forearm, forcing me to face her.

"That this was a goddamn set up, Talia. Who was I to believe that you actually changed." I smirked, gathering my things once again.

"Jasmine, please. Don't you still care about Parker?" She asked worry on her face. I bit my lip, and set my things down.

"Of course I do, it's just, he hurt me, and-"

"Stop." Talia cut me off, "Stop playing the victim card. Yes, we all know you got hurt, we all know you have it rough, okay? But obviously other people have it worse." She was gesturing to someone behind me.

Parker.

I winced at the sight of him. Seeing him made me miss him more, and I don't want to miss him. He walked ever so gracefully, new bruises covered his palms and cuts slit at his knees.

I waited for a few seconds, then I sped towards Parker.

"No, no! Jasmine Pennbrook! Get back here! Crap." Tala yelled behind me, but I ignored her calls. I needed to talk to him. I soon caught up to him, and reached up and clutched his arm.

"Ow! What the- Jasmine?" His eyes widened at my presence.

"Uh, hi?" He said in a questioning tone.

"I need to know."

"You need to know what, exactly?" Parker asked.

"If uh, your uh," I stuttered. I couldn't find the words.

"If I what?" Parker asked, looking annoyed.

"If-if your using again." I asked, feeling stupid.

"Oh, my god." He mumbled.

"The bruises, cuts. Look, I know what happens when you don't have the money, Parker. I still care about you,Parker."

"Oh, please. Spare me the 'I still care about you.' You stopped caring a long time ago. So do me a favor, Wheels, stay out of my life and I'll stay out of yours."

"That's not true!" I yelled as he turned and walked away. I sighed and turned around, and Talia was standing behind me.

"Ooh, ouch." She took a breath through her clenched teeth.

"I'm not going to help you until you tell me the truth." I said, crossing my arms.

At first, Talia said nothing, then she spoke, "Ugh, fine!" She stomped her foot and clenched her fist, much like a toddler would when they throw temper tantrums.

"A deals a deal." I said, more to myself than to her.

~

Talia's POV.

"I'm really nervous." I said.

"That's great, tell me." Jasmine snapped.

"Alright, here's what really happened."

...

My phone rang on the bedside table. I picked it up, without checking caller I.D.

"Hello?" I mumbled, still kinda asleep.

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" Parker slurred.

"Gosh, Parker. What?"

"I-I need a ride." Parker slurred again. It was obvious he had been drinking.

"No." I muttered, rolling over on my bed.

"Pllllleease?" He begged.

"Ask your girlfriend, douchebag." I snapped. I mean he was her responsibility now.

"She can't drive, she's a useless human being." Parker admitted.

"Oh, okay Parker, lay off the scotch."

"I mean, she's so bitchy. Why did I ditch you for her? I mean your obviously way more sexy." Parker admitted once more. I wanted right then and there to hang up. I wasn't up for this at 2:30 in the morning.

"She's mean. I hate her."

"Where are you? You need to get home before you say something you regret." I said.

"Flanders." Parker said fluently.

"Um, okay. Be there in ten." I was skeptical about Parker because he was speaking fluently now.

"Hey." Parker said as he got into my car.

"Hi." I felt really awkward around him. You could probably here it in my voice, but he didn't notice.

"So, why did you lie?" I asked Parker.

"Huh?" Parker mumbled, his eyes slowly drifting shut.

"Your not drunk, I know what being drunk looks and feels like, and you don't smell, so explain." I stated. I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel.

"I just needed a ride." Parker shrugged.

"Whatever." I got to thinking, then addressed Parker about what he said earlier.

"You really think she's a useless human being?" I asked Parker, turning onto his street.

"Uh-what? No. I'll-uh, thanks for the ride, don't mention this Jasmine, got it?" Parker demanded.

"No, you really think that of her, don't you?" I asked again, not leaving until I got an answer.

"No! I don't." He snapped. He tried getting out of the car, but I had locked the doors.

"Yes or no." I said blankly. I turned of the engine to my car. I waited for his answer. Instead, he leaned over and kissed me, for what seemed like a very, very long time. I tried to make him stop, he wouldn't. Everything was happening too fast. I pushed him off a few minutes later.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you trying to hurt her?" I asked.

"I'm- I'm not."

"Oh, okay. So you decided to call me, 2:30 I'm the morning, pretend to be drunk, call your disabled girlfriend a useless human being, and then kiss me? What the hell?"

"What about you, huh? What did she do to you to make you hate her so much?" Parker snapped, turning towards me.

"I don't hate her. She can't see through you, Parker, no one can, except for me. I was trying to help her. I never liked you, I knew she liked you. I knew you liked her. I'm not as dumb as you two think, alright? Your a player, Parker. You break girls hearts like they're twigs." I blurted, not regretting a single word I just said.

"Which is why I'm going to tell her a different story," I continued. "different, but true. I know you've been sleeping with that blonde chick."

"Talia, please, no!"

"Why? You love Jasmine?" I questioned, starting the engine.

"Yes! I do!"

"Should have thought of that before you cheated on her." I smirked.

"Out." I unlocked the doors. Parker stumbled out, worry on his face. I shut the door, and sped away, satisfied.

A/N

IM SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER MAKES NO SENSE. THE SLANTED TEXT IS LIKE A FLASHBACK IN TALIAS POV ABOUT HER NIGHT WITH PARKER OK