21

Aki knew something was off with Zima, but he couldn't tell what it was. Last night before he went to bed he stopped by Ren to speak to her. He opened the door without knocking. She was sitting by her desk, with her head down. She immediately got up once she heard the door open and glared once she saw it was Aki.

"At least knock," she said rolling her eyes.

Aki ignored her and went straight to the point, "What did you do?"

"Huh?" She asked confused.

"What did you say or do to Zima?"

That's when Ren's face filled with guilt, "I might have been too harsh this time."

"REN!" Aki yelled, "What did you say to her!"

This was the first time Aki has ever raised his voice at her, Ren blinked and was taken back.

"I'm sorry I tried to apologize last night to her, but she ran away from me and shut her bedroom door."

Aki sighed, and slapped his hand on his forehead. "Ren this attitude of yours has to stop, I don't know what you said to her, but I don't want to know because I have a strong feeling it's going to piss me off. You will apologize to her, and to Hino and Kaito as well. TODAY!" Aki said sternly. He loved his little sister, he truly did, but her anger from the past needs to be let go. Everyone under this roof deserves to be treated with respect, and her verbal abuse won't be tolerated anymore. Enough is enough.

"What!" Ren yelled at him. Standing up from her chair, "I'm fine with apologizing to Zima, but Hino and Kaito absolutely not. Fuck those bastards."

Aki glared at her, "You will apologize them for mocking their relationship. I understand father hurt you, mother wasn't there to protect us, I wasn't strong enough to protect you then, but we are all here together now. We can't let the past strain our relationship. If we want the village of grace to succeed, and to be happy we need to come together as a family."

Ren bit her lip and looked down at the floor. It was true, the reason she lashed out on others was because she needed to take the pain out on someone else. That's why she never had friends in school, and her own sibling didn't enjoy her company. She didn't know how to show gratitude, kindness, warmth, and love because no one ever showed them to her. Only pain, and more pain, and abuse from her father.

Aki noticed her sudden quietness, and sadness. He sighed and went over to her and had her sit down on the bed, while he knelled down in front of her holding her hand.

"Father is gone, mother is gone. I'm not going to make the same mistakes I did in the past. I will protect you, Hino, Kaito, Zima and the rest of the village with my life."

Ren nodded, "I'll apologize to them, and I want us to come together and be one as a family too." She wiped a tear off her face and hugged Aki in return. "I might not show it, but I've really missed you guys." She told Aki, Aki smiled back at her, "we missed you too." He stepped out and was about to leave before he stopped and said one more thing, "We are going out for lunch later on today, don't miss it ok."

Ren nodded, and Aki shut the door behind her. Aki went downstairs and saw Zima, Hino, and Kaito all eating breakfast.

"Tried to talk some sense in that demon?" Hino said first thing when he noticed Aki.

"First of all, good morning, and second you ought to learn to keep your mouth in check too. Your just as reckless as she is." Aki said sitting down next to Zima and kissing her on the cheek.

"I'm a saint compared to her," Hino said.

"She won't be joining us for breakfast?" Zima asked.